Is my chicken sick?

1867990-b85b8dad1a4fb7dbf9a5914a50015143.jpg

I'm sorry she is not well.
Can you get a picture of her poop?
How long have you had her?

I would feel her crop first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks, it should be empty.
Since she has not started laying eggs yet, you may want to feel inside the vent about 1-2" just to make sure she's not got an egg stuck in there.

Try to see if she will drink, keeping hydrated is important. Let us know how she is.

@Duck_life is she still with us? I suspect she is having trouble with her first egg. Can you report in? She may benefit from a calcium supplement and from sitting on a damp towel over a heating pad. Though warm soaks are helpful for an egg bound bird, I’d be reluctant to soak if I weren’t sure there was a reasonable likelihood of being egg bound.

I'm sorry she is not well.
Can you get a picture of her poop?
How long have you had her?

I would feel her crop first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks, it should be empty.
Since she has not started laying eggs yet, you may want to feel inside the vent about 1-2" just to make sure she's not got an egg stuck in there.

Try to see if she will drink, keeping hydrated is important. Let us know how she is.
she may be egg bound or have mites if she does have mites ot would look like tiny little bugs
It is more likely that she is egg bound .

Ps sorry for not responding sooner my alert system is not working properly

She's in horrible state! I found her like this and I have to leave soon!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190905_062148.jpg
    IMG_20190905_062148.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190905_062135.jpg
    IMG_20190905_062135.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom