Is she egg bound

I will call the vet when he opens at 8. If he can't see her today, I will give her more calcium. I had to buy the 600 mg calcium tablets at Walmart in Fort Dodge yesterday and smashed them into powder with a mallet.

Today, the other Fort Dodge farm store will be open and since I have to go into that town (livestock vet is 20 miles in the other direction) to get antibiotics for my dog (who has been exposed to but does not have Lyme disease and my dog/cat vet didn't have the right meds Friday), I will check on getting the calcium gluconate there.

I have given Paige oral liquid meds before. She panicked last year when the mink was attacking my chickens, and injured her leg.

Pets, they add so much (expense) to our lives! But, what would life be without them?

I will call the vet when he opens at 8. If he can't see her today, I will give her more calcium. I had to buy the 600 mg calcium tablets at Walmart in Fort Dodge yesterday and smashed them into powder with a mallet.

Today, the other Fort Dodge farm store will be open and since I have to go into that town (livestock vet is 20 miles in the other direction) to get antibiotics for my dog (who has been exposed to but does not have Lyme disease and my dog/cat vet didn't have the right meds Friday), I will check on getting the calcium gluconate there.

I have given Paige oral liquid meds before. She panicked last year when the mink was attacking my chickens, and injured her leg.

Pets, they add so much (expense) to our lives! But, what would life be without them?
Last year's leg injury.

Can you explain it in detail?

When the mink was attacking next door, all nine ducks panicked. Paige was limping in the morning, and I took her to the vet. He said she hadn't broken anything or dislocated anything, she had probably just twisted or bumped it hard and provided an anti-inflammatory.
Did it take a while to heal? Did she walk normal pretty soon after?

She seemed fine in just a few days, and there hasn't been any issue since -- until now, I guess.

I just got off the phone with the other Fort Dodge farm store (where they know me WELL), and they don't stock calcium gluconate either. Closest Tractor Supply is 60 miles away. But, the local store said that after I visit the livestock vet, if I still need the calcium gluconate, they can have it for me tomorrow if I tell them by 3 p.m. today.

Once in a while, living in the boonies has some minor challenges.

Back
Top Bottom