Is tere anything I can do to keep my rooster from fighting eachother.

bob505

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
I have three roosters with no hens and they keep fighting. I try keeping them separate but once I let them free they will start fighting again. So is there anything i can do to them to make them lose their aggressive attitudes? Also don't say anything like eat them or something because there basically my pets.

Some breeds of roosters will live pretty peacefully together, and others won't. But if they are fighting a lot, I'd say they never will, at least as bachelors. Sorry, but you're either going to have to give them each a little run/coop, or give them each a few hens...
hu.gif

Would they get along with hens that are not the same age as them though? Is it possible that this can only last for a day because I never seen them fight seriously until today?

If they're young roos, they may be trying to establish who is boss. In your first post you said "they keep fighting" so I thought this was an on-going thing, and that your roosters were mature. There is no food that will make them less aggressive with one another...it's a biological thing. Yes, they could be with hens of a different age, although they will fight too until pecking order is established.

Hens might help. They will still fight though. If eating them is out, the only way I can see stopping them is to caponize them and I don't think that would be a consideration.

I've got a pen of more than twenty roosters ranging from less than a year to about three years old. They fuss and bicker with each other all day long. It's just their nature. Seldom does it get serious, but it never really stops for very long. I've taken to calling it Rooster Island - All Drama, All Day.

.....Alan.

I wish I knew of a way... my guys have been together since they were babies, and I found one of them bloodied from fighting! It's upseting to me.

Back
Top Bottom