Is this a BLRW?

Jun 1, 2018
Canada
Hey guys I purchased and hatched some BLRW eggs and this chick does not look like the others. I’ve just never seen a BLRW look this stripey. It’s got a rose comb and yellow legs. Could it be a mix you think? Or do you think this is just a bad patterned BLRW? The breeder had a few kinds of birds but seemed really organized.
3E7214F3-EDF3-41D1-9DB4-645E939E9B9B.jpeg
B26839E9-A767-4873-A95B-8A0DE5112206.jpeg

It looks bearded to me... which would be a mix if it has any BLRW in it. Does it look bearded to you?

I'm fairly organized to with my breeding stock.. BUT accidents and escapees have happened to me, unrealized until the hatch was maturing. :oops:

No beard on it.
I’m not sure what it could be. The breeder only had cochins, blue Wyandotte’s, SLW, GLW, BLWR and Belfeiders. All the other chicks look like BLRWs. Unless she just got the hen and it was with a different Roo. Guess I’ll know more when it’s older. Maybe the pattern will straighten out and surprise us.

Mix with Belfeider or Cochin. If it is'nt showing any leg/feet feathers then it is mixed with Belfeider. Mixed with any of the other birds present would be a very different outcome.

Back
Top Bottom