Is this a good deal for courtnix pens?

discoveregg

Songster
8 Years
Apr 15, 2011
Northern Idaho
smile.png
I found an ad on Craigslist for some commercial type chicken cages. They are 9 inches wide 15 inches high and 18 deep. Each unit has 20 cages and looks like feeding cups are included. They are offered at $150.00 for one unit or $250.00 for two. I only really want one to start, if they'll work. Do I need to ask the seller any additional questions? I would have to drive a couple of to pick them up, adding to the cost. What do you think?
idunno.gif
This is keeping me awake tonight
caf.gif

That should be enough room for a pair maybe a trio. I would ask what size the wire is(floor-sides-top), if it is very large you might have to cover it with smaller mesh. Could also ask if the divider are removable, that way you could enlarge each pen size, which would give more room for the coturnix.
I have no idea on the pricing.

Thanks for helping me ask the right questions...
smile.png

The wire size is 1 1/2 X 1. The partitions are removeable.
Does that work or would I need to install smaller wire?

Quote:
Maybe someone will chime in here, as I am not sure about that size. If the 1 1/2 is vertical and 1 is horizontal it might work for adult birds. I believe the GQF breeder cages are like 1 X 4 but the one is vertical, and I am not sure if the even means anything. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Quote:
I use 1"wide X 2"tall @ each end on my quail pens the floor is 1/2" X 1" This too large for chukars but it works for quail not sure why it happens this way , I think it is partly the way a chukar sits ? the sides are 1/2" X 1 " too.

Back
Top Bottom