Is this a good deal for courtnix pens?

Quote:
I am going to build my breeder pen w\\egg roll out from of 1X2 sides, 1x1top and 1/2 X1 on the bottom. Just going to make use of extra wire I have on hand. I think I may have some galvanized sheet metal for the dividers I will use if it is not to hard to cut, if it is I will just use wire mesh.

I use the 1 X 2 on the ends so I can feed the birds from outside the pen the 1/2 X 1 on the sides so preds will have a harder time getting at my birds ( preds get terminated here
smile.png
) and the 1/2 X 1 bottoms for the same reason so far I have lost only a coupla birds to a black racer the possums and coons keep getting their tickets punched for a one way trip to critter heaven the snake got in the 1 X 2 end of the cage if you use sheet metal for diveders the males won,t "fight the wire " as bad

When mine were in separate cages (have them all in one now) the cages were next to each other and I never had trouble with the males cage/wire fighting.

Quote:
I use the 1 X 2 on the ends so I can feed the birds from outside the pen the 1/2 X 1 on the sides so preds will have a harder time getting at my birds ( preds get terminated here
smile.png
) and the 1/2 X 1 bottoms for the same reason so far I have lost only a coupla birds to a black racer the possums and coons keep getting their tickets punched for a one way trip to critter heaven the snake got in the 1 X 2 end of the cage if you use sheet metal for diveders the males won,t "fight the wire " as bad

When mine were in separate cages (have them all in one now) the cages were next to each other and I never had trouble with the males cage/wire fighting.

I talked to the gentleman that has these for sale again last night. He said the dividers are metal with small holes cut in them? Preforated? So that should help with the issue of fighting males.
He's going to go out and look at them again today to give me a better idea of how we're supposed to haul these cages home...apparently his wife bought them at a stockyard auction. He said they're barely used, the bottoms look totally clean. and that they may have been used for showing birds at the fair? He used a flat be trailer to get them home, we have a short bed lifted Chevy truck and a utility trailer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom