Is U.S.A. Social Security Disability easier to get now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you all are happy with the system as it is ?

caf.gif

Disabled people in the US live longer an also are more willing to have children, passing on bad genetics.
I am offended that you would even say that people who are disabled shouldn't have children. I have a disability and have five children. I had three children and then adopted two children. I then found out that I have a genetic disability. It is something that was passed down in the family genes. We didn't know that it was even in my family until I found out that I had it. Since finding out that I have it I have had my children tested because they have a fifty percent chance of getting it. Well two have it now and the third may never get or might get it later. Yes if I had know this when I was younger my choices would have been different. I would have not have had any children and would have adopted all of my children. But that was not in the cards for this family. Oh by the way not only do my children have a chance but all of my 6 siblings and there 20 kids and their 5 grandchildren. ( all have a 50% chance to get it ). I feel that I would have made a different choice if I knew, but I also feel that it is up to each person to make.

I do not get any assistance right now. The doctors all want me to file for Social Security Disability. I do have to take a lot of time off of work do to my health. I will say that if I lost my job I would then have no choice but to collect SSD.

Yes that person does qualify for SSD. Anyone that payed in that there kid becomes disabled before the age of 18, that kid is eligible for SSD threw what the parent payed in.

Thanks Rebel, you are 100% correct and that is the situation with this person. He gets SSI and SSD and like you, he has a deceased parent.

Last edited:
Its everyones personal choice... as you stated, if you knew when you were younger you would have made different choices....
I know that i would never ever bring a child into this world if i knew i had a SERIOUS genetic disease that could be passed to them.
But as you said,.. everyone has free will.

I am offended that you would even say that people who are disabled shouldn't have children. I have a disability and have five children. I had three children and then adopted two children. I then found out that I have a genetic disability. It is something that was passed down in the family genes. We didn't know that it was even in my family until I found out that I had it. Since finding out that I have it I have had my children tested because they have a fifty percent chance of getting it. Well two have it now and the third may never get or might get it later. Yes if I had know this when I was younger my choices would have been different. I would have not have had any children and would have adopted all of my children. But that was not in the cards for this family. Oh by the way not only do my children have a chance but all of my 6 siblings and there 20 kids and their 5 grandchildren. ( all have a 50% chance to get it ). I feel that I would have made a different choice if I knew, but I also feel that it is up to each person to make.

I do not get any assistance right now. The doctors all want me to file for Social Security Disability. I do have to take a lot of time off of work do to my health. I will say that if I lost my job I would then have no choice but to collect SSD.

I don't think rebel meant it that way, though I can see why you thought that from the wording.

Given the divergence of opinions here regarding a compulsory scheme that has yet to earn a track record, would it be useful if some neutral agency was to gather factual information about similar schemes in other countries? For example, when Britain first built motorways there was no local experience and studies of the US main highway system and its standards were made.

Perhaps such a study of foreign compulsory health schemes was made. Was it and has it been published?

Given the divergence of opinions here regarding a compulsory scheme that has yet to earn a track record, would it be useful if some neutral agency was to gather factual information about similar schemes in other countries? For example, when Britain first built motorways there was no local experience and studies of the US main highway system and its standards were made.

Perhaps such a study of foreign compulsory health schemes was made. Was it and has it been published?

What were you looking for in a track record ? We've had this from 1957.

caf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom