Is your cat guilty of hit and runs?

yuckyuck.gif
Oh I know about Legos, OUCH!

Quote:
KC used to watch when I showered to "make sure I was doing everything right."
hide.gif
Whatever happened to a little privacy?

I have a little shower buddy too. Mine is a little one year old black cat, Skeeter Bug, who loves water, plays in the spray from the hose outside like a dog and loves to watch the spray from the shower.

She is also constantly guilty of hit and run. When she decides it's time for me to play with her she run's me down, launches herself onto my leg, wrapping her legs around to stay on, and delivers a sound bite to the back of the knee! Stinkin' little devil! Then to make nice she hogs my pillow at night, purr's in my ear and makes "dough" in my hair. Her nickname around here is the Princess, she is spoiled rotten, has me very well trained and for some reason I just love her to pieces!

One of my cats is also addicted to cheese (SHARP cheddar, paint has good taste in cheese xD won't touch mild cheddar, gotta be sharp xD), and her sister Emry recently has a thing for Ramen noodles O-o I made some the other day and found her happily nomming from my bowl, I said "what do you think you're doing!?" and she looked up at me, with a noodle hanging from her mouth like "wat?, these was fur me, yeahs?".....
rant.gif
...I ate them anyhow, afterall it's not like cats spend half their days licking themselves in places humans can't even reach
hu.gif

but yes, Paint likes to do the hit and run, she's bad about sneak attacks, and likes to jump and bounce off my back when I'm walking -_-

I dont have any cats or dogs, but my burro, Daisy Mae likes to come at me head on and then hit her head on my stomach, push and then goes about her mary way. Walter just walks behind me, silent, couldnt find him the other day and I was getting worried looking everywhere for him, and he was just following me around, I guess looking for himself also.

Also had a rooster that would do the hit and run, not to bad unless I was wearing shorts, then I had blood running down my legs. Of course he had walked off like nothing had happened.
hmm.png

When I lived in a two story house I used to tell my family that if they couldn't get ahold of me after a couple of days that they might come check to make sure my crumpled dead body wasn't lying at the bottom of the stairs. The cat and dogs used to let me get halfway down the stairs and then see if they could beat me to the bottom. I can't tell you how many times I landed on my tush in an effort to keep from falling head first. Now that I just have one story they do the quick lane change when I walk. I tend to walk around the house saying "Move. Move. Move. Move. Move." The dogs know the "back up" command. The cats might, but they don't care.
roll.png

As for water, I have one that has a personal vendetta against the bathtub drips. He will sit in the tub staring intently at the faucet. Periodically he smacks his paw against the tub bottom. I think he is chasing invisible water drips. Every now and then I turn the water on to really drip (just to mess with his head). That same cat also likes to sleep in the sink. It is a perfect cat sized oval. When I installed the new cast iron kitchen sink he had a total love fest until I finally got the water hooked up. I think he thought I put it in just for him.

My other two like to play the "demons in the room" game, aka the zoomies. Apparently the sofa is part of the flight path, because they will both come bounding through whether I am there or not. I have learned to cover vital body parts. Fagin is almost 16lbs and he can break a rib! Ow!

Quote:
I call it the witching hour - my cats like to do that around 9:00 every night.
roll.png

My dog knows the command "Ole, scoot" and I didn't even intentionally teach it to him. I just realized it last night when he was sitting on the rug in front of the sink and I needed something from underneath it.
lol.png

Not a hit and run but...

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night burning up. My hubby is a big man and he was pressed up against my back and KiKi was pressed into my face on the other side. I tried removing KiKi first, but she bounced right back up. I tried shoving hubby away, no such luck. I ended up getting out of the bed by clawing my way down to the foot of the bed. Decided to sleep on the couch.

Spent the rest of the night getting licked in the face every five minutes by one dog or the other.
barnie.gif

My young cat does the night crazy thing. It doesn't matter if you are in a couch or a chair, if you are in the flight path, you will be bounced. Having a cat hit your belly at Mach 10 hurts, big time. And by the time you react, he is long gone...

This same boy has a water fetish. But not water in his bowl, that would be much to easy. He likes water in human cups, and he likes testing to see how deep it is. So paw goes in first, then head. This generally results in a large spill. I was watching TV one night, set down a 32 oz cup of ice water, walked to the light switch, and before I could turn to light off, the entire cup of water was down. Because of the full cup, the wet cat jump and the angle, I got to clean water off the couch, coffee table and floor. Dratted beast!

This beast is black, and we have a gray one. They protect the house by guarding the stairs. Four steps from the bottom, and two steps from the top, they lie their little bodies, booby trapping the stairs, all night long. One day, my crumpled body will be found at the bottom of the stairs, where I have fallen, after touching cat fur with my bare foot, spinning to avoid stepping on the cat, and tumbling to the bottom, hip dislocated by the spin, head broken by the fall....cats laughing at the top.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom