Is your significant other supportive of your chicken hobby?

I took things into my own hands when my hubby started his 'venture' and finished the whole coop in the kitchen in half a day!
wee.gif

lol Good for you!!

My boyfriend was always very supportive of the idea, he thought it was very cool.
smile.png
He also thought that getting fresh eggs was neat. He often helps me with maintenance and helped with coop construction. I'm glad that he is so supportive, most think my chicken fascination is rather strange!
lol.png

We had a fairly large fallen branch in our chicken yard last week, which did some "damage" to our fence. I broke down the branch myself, and turned the leaves into a buffet for The Ladies & the rest of the branch became a perch...and without a word about it, my husband fixed the fence & gate..."to keep The Ladies safe".
love.gif

The fallen branch...

The Ladies' new perch/playground...

All-they-can-eat buffet...

Last edited:
No. Dh is tired of hearing about chickens. He built the first run and I have had to build everything else myself with the children's help occasionally. But that's okay, it makes me even more proud when I stand at the top of the chicken acres and see everything I've made without a man's help:) By now I am used to complaints about chicken talk, using his tools more than he does and chicks getting louder as he turns the tv up. On the plus side after a couple of years of chickens he 'gave me permission' to get some feeder pigs so he won't have to hear about CHICKENS all of the time!

My fiancé thought I was a bit crazy at first but then he got pretty excited. Once I finally got my first chicks he helped me set up the brooder box and enjoyed taking them outside for a bit once they were old enough. He secretly thinks they're cute :) he has been gone for a while though(he's in the Air Force), and I think he's getting a bit tired of hearing about them.

My boyfriend is so supportive. The other day my friend had me go to the feedstore a few doors down from my work to see what sort of babies they just got in and I noticed they had gotten in some RIRs that I have been really wanting! So I told him they were there, and when he couldn't convince me to go and get one he convinced my friend to get one for me lol

He doesn't get why I love them so much, but he can see how happy they make me and so he supports it 100%. To him they are eggs and free entertainment, but to me they have become pets. He especially loves helping me name them :D

Back
Top Bottom