Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

someone really needs to put that gif to bed already
C8B2B896-8A35-44FB-8019-F5A05C971AC3.gif

One of the other girls for Auburn who is really good messed up a little on the balance beam so Alabama went ahead. Then, Suni scored a 10 on the beam to go back ahead. But, Alabama had their best girl going on the floor. It was the last routine. She ended up doing a great routine getting a 9.975 and Alabama barely won.

Last edited:
One of the other girls for Auburn who is really good messed up a little on the balance beam so Alabama went ahead. Then, Suni scored a 10 on the beam to go back ahead. But, Alabama had their best girl going on the floor. It was the last routine. She ended up doing a great routine getting a 9.75 and Alabama barely won.
Sounds super exciting!

I woke up expecting to go out to a coop in distress. Went out, and all my chickens looked like big fluffy basketballs. Their coop went from warm when I got home, to downright cold. None of my girls, nor my smaller cockerel, were negatively affected by it. However, my big guy now has black on his comb and wattles, and he keeps shaking his head like they hurt. 😔 He is very shaggy this morning. I gave them some raw egg and that seemed to perk them all up, but they're sitting in their coop trying to hide in their shavings.

So I gave them another whole bag to busy themselves with, bringing the total depth of shavings to about 16-17 inches. 🤭

At least the heat rolls in tonight starting at around midnight. It will be many degrees warmer tomorrow morning when I let them out than it will be at its warmest today. 😊

It's 5*F here this morning. Husband did *not* take the girls skiing yesterday after all, thankfully, but I decided to keep them home from dance this morning due to the cold. I wish they would just close or do a delayed opening. But I can't very well just bring the ducks out and then leave. I'm planning to leaving both the chickens and ducks in their coops till a bit later in the morning once it's warmed up slightly. To like 18*F. 🤦

How's everyone else and your animals faring with this cold snap?

I woke up expecting to go out to a coop in distress. Went out, and all my chickens looked like big fluffy basketballs. Their coop went from warm when I got home, to downright cold. None of my girls, nor my smaller cockerel, were negatively affected by it. However, my big guy now has black on his comb and wattles, and he keeps shaking his head like they hurt. 😔 He is very shaggy this morning. I gave them some raw egg and that seemed to perk them all up, but they're sitting in their coop trying to hide in their shavings.

So I gave them another whole bag to busy themselves with, bringing the total depth of shavings to about 16-17 inches. 🤭

At least the heat rolls in tonight starting at around midnight. It will be many degrees warmer tomorrow morning when I let them out than it will be at its warmest today. 😊
Glad everyone is mostly okay. ❤️ I gave the chickens fresh water and closed it back up, since they were snuggling on the coop floor. But that's a good point, the thought had crossed my mind, too. I might go ahead and add more bedding for the ducks, since I think I'll leave them in there a few more hours while things warm up ...slightly.

Back
Top Bottom