Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Me. Keeping warm.

1675520457455.jpeg

Campho-Phenique is a mild pain and itch relieving antiseptic liquid. We like it a lot for this type of pain. It gives the chickens a break from the constant pain and itch associated with frostbite.
We got it at the local wal mart.
b16c61c8-143e-4f53-8354-391d2ba0788b.16f21fcafa47cb5d066c923a08513e1f.jpeg
I ordered little spray bottles so I can spray it on him. It was my mom's idea. She thinks I am stupid for saying that I would go out and rub it on him, just because he is aggressive toward everyone else. 🤣 Ah well. Now I can just mist him and my girls' backs. 😎

It's 5*F here this morning. Husband did *not* take the girls skiing yesterday after all, thankfully, but I decided to keep them home from dance this morning due to the cold. I wish they would just close or do a delayed opening. But I can't very well just bring the ducks out and then leave. I'm planning to leaving both the chickens and ducks in their coops till a bit later in the morning once it's warmed up slightly. To like 18*F. 🤦

How's everyone else and your animals faring with this cold snap?
Normal Ohio winter here. Cold but normal
I ordered little spray bottles so I can spray it on him. It was my mom's idea. She thinks I am stupid for saying that I would go out and rub it on him, just because he is aggressive toward everyone else. 🤣 Ah well. Now I can just mist him and my girls' backs. 😎
Don't rub anything on the frostbite. Rubbing will make it worse. Spray something on if you have to but don't rub

Don't rub anything on the frostbite. Rubbing will make it worse. Spray something on if you have to but don't rub
Thank you! I did not know that. I will wait for my spray bottles, then. I was thinking of just rubbing it on and spraying him again once the bottles arrive, but I will just wait for the bottles. I love my big guy, and I do not want him to be in any more pain. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom