Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Toddlers at 2 have a lot of stuff going on physically and mentally. They're growing quickly which can cause growing pains. They are learning new things at a constant rate. They are developing emotions they don't know how to control. They are learning the basics of speech and social interaction. They're also getting a lot more "no" from parents when they do things that aren't OK. Processing all of this can overwhelm them and make them act out in simple emotions like rage, fear, confusion, etc. They can't help it, but they also can't explain it, and they take it all out on everyone around them. That's why it's the "terrible twos" and it can last well into 3, 4, sometimes 5.
I'd like to amend this to "sometimes, 30, 40, or even 50. maybe even their whole life"

I'd like to amend this to "sometimes, 30, 40, or even 50. maybe even their whole life"
IMG-20230227-WA0025.jpg

Toddlers at 2 have a lot of stuff going on physically and mentally. They're growing quickly which can cause growing pains. They are learning new things at a constant rate. They are developing emotions they don't know how to control. They are learning the basics of speech and social interaction. They're also getting a lot more "no" from parents when they do things that aren't OK. Processing all of this can overwhelm them and make them act out in simple emotions like rage, fear, confusion, etc. They can't help it, but they also can't explain it, and they take it all out on everyone around them. That's why it's the "terrible twos" and it can last well into 3, 4, sometimes 5.
I was going to say teens weren't better, but
You mooted it.

Back
Top Bottom