ISO Advice!! šŸ†˜

eandrews

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2023
I have a Chinese Goose egg in the incubator. First time hatching. Itā€™s on Day 29. I *think* it has internally pipped but I do not hear any chirping. Would this indicate itā€™s facing the wrong way? Should I poke a safety hole just in case? I canā€™t seem to upload a video so hereā€™s a screen shot fron the one I had wanted to share. TIA!
IMG_1399.png

Thanks for the tag! :highfive: I would love to help!
Yes the gosling has internally pipped and it's perfectly normal not to hear any peeping right now but you will soon! Just keep listening.
When the chick internally pips it does this to get into the air cell in order to start breathing and get ready to make the external pip. It can take up to 24 hours for you to see that external pip.
Just be patent and watch closely. I wouldn't make a safety pip.
Hopefully your little gosling makes it out! šŸ„°

Thanks for the tag! :highfive: I would love to help!
Yes the gosling has internally pipped and it's perfectly normal not to hear any peeping right now but you will soon! Just keep listening.
When the chick internally pips it does this to get into the air cell in order to start breathing and get ready to make the external pip. It can take up to 24 hours for you to see that external pip.
Just be patent and watch closely. I wouldn't make a safety pip.
Hopefully your little gosling makes it out! šŸ„°
Thank you so much! I have been so worried that is part of a foot instead of its bill.

Back
Top Bottom