Pics
That pic is two weeks old. I think I will pick her up after they roost. I checked one of the Marans 10 days ago and couldn't feel any separation. Okay are you a believer in fake eggs?
Do you mean like the ceramic eggs to train? I use them in my boxes... I don't know if they make a difference or not but the girls do mess around with them when they are about to lay. Here was Blackie getting ready to lay her first egg in the bottom right nest box... you can see how she scoots the fake egg around to put it under her before laying. Kinda cute imo.
20211004_115112.gif

Last edited:
They are probably just taking a break to throw you off of your expectations :lau

I couldn't believe my girls got mites. I keep everything so clean and they are always dust bathing, etc... but the head shaking and Nugget stopping her laying got me thinking.This is how Nugget was doing... not CONSTANTLY, but very very frequently.

View attachment 2867150
This is sort of what my Nugget is like but a bit more exaggerated. But as I said she has always done it. She is just a bit of a spaz. Haahaa. But if no eggs again I will check at night and see if I see anything

I just want an egg...it could be white and I'd be happy. they were hatched on May 16th. Ugh some days I want to cry when I see the empty nests. Tearing up typing this.
My girls hatched on 4/8 and 4/9. Only 2 out of 7 are laying. One started Aug 29. The next Sept 12. Still waiting for the rest to start.

This is sort of what my Nugget is like but a bit more exaggerated. But as I said she has always done it. She is just a bit of a spaz. Haahaa. But if no eggs again I will check at night and see if I see anything
It seems some breeds do it more often than other, like personality traits! I would have thought it was cute if it didn't start happening so abruptly....

That pic is two weeks old. I think I will pick her up after they roost. I checked one of the Marans 10 days ago and couldn't feel any separation. Okay are you a believer in fake eggs?
I put fake eggs in my boxes. But my EE laid before I even had shavings or anything else in the boxes. I was actually going in to get them ready when I found her first egg. And she still laid in the box. So not sure I really needed to put them in but I had them already so I did.

Do you mean like the ceramic eggs to train? I use them in my boxes... I don't know if they make a difference or not but the girls do mess around with them when they are about to lay. Here was Blackie getting ready to lay her first egg in the bottom right nest box... you can see how she scoots the fake egg around to put it under her before laying. Kinda cute imo.
View attachment 2867441
They mess around with the one's I put in.

View attachment 2867441
awwww Blackie is so cute! Mine roll them around under them too before they lay. It is funny watching them scoot them underneath them, then lift up a bit, roll them around some and settle back down. LOL I just took mine out from their fav box to see if they still choose that one or go in the other 2. Well lately Nugget has been in the fav box and Hummer in the box that had only been used once up till the last week or so... LOL

Back
Top Bottom