Pics
I should weigh my eggs. I haven't yet. that egg is HUGE! my guess is double, triple or maybe an egg in an egg but those are normally REALLY massive!

I will post a pic of their eggs. I need to get a pic of Hummers egg from today but have one of Nuggets. :) I think I read that SF and EE lay medium eggs so not sure if they will get a little bigger or not. Hummers just seem to change shape somedays more rounded others more pointy and long. LOL
I hadn't weighed mine until Zoingo laid that ginormous one... I also have a really cheap diet scale thing and it was really sketchy trying to stop them from rolling away 🤦🏼‍♀️ I should probably get a new one.

I didnt know EEs were medium eggs. That is good to know. I was looking at Moon and Speedy's eggs because they are long and pointy vs. how round Zoingo's eggs are, even the first one!

I'll take a pic of the monster egg when I crack it 😋

I hadn't weighed mine until Zoingo laid that ginormous one... I also have a really cheap diet scale thing and it was really sketchy trying to stop them from rolling away 🤦🏼‍♀️ I should probably get a new one.

I didnt know EEs were medium eggs. That is good to know. I was looking at Moon and Speedy's eggs because they are long and pointy vs. how round Zoingo's eggs are, even the first one!

I'll take a pic of the monster egg when I crack it 😋
Can't wait to see it!!!!

Some people say their EE lay large or even XL eggs. But when you look up egg size for EE in Google it says med.

Lol I weighed my eggs today. Hummers first egg is 31 grams. They are now about 39grams (told you they were tiny). Nuggets first was 35 grams, 3rd is 39 grams.

Here is a pic of Hummers egg from today next to a large store bought egg ( so wish the color showed better in pictures. You can see the difference in person between her light color and the white one from the store.

Attachments

• IMG_20210916_225250013.jpg
    IMG_20210916_225250013.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 1
Zoingo, however... did some crazy business. I found her egg eaten this morning under the roosts. Looked back on cameras and saw that she hopped off of the roost at midnight and laid it really fast (like 15 seconds after she jumped down) and then hopped back up to bed. I didn't realize... and the smaller chickens went to town on it this morning🤦🏼‍♀️
20210917_082048.jpg
But then... Zoingo just went back into the nestbox like for her "normal" laying time(around 8am)... and laid this.... . . . Connected, double egg that's shell-less.
20210917_084758.jpg
20210917_085319.jpg
It is so wonky. The exterior is soft like thin leather. I knew that since she just laid at midnight, 8 hours is not long enough for her to form a new shell... I am worried though that she is expelling so many eggs? I hope someone knows if this is okay/normal since she is a new layer. (Posting this specifically on a separate thread to see if anyone can tell me.) I do know that new layers can have glitches, etc... I'm crossing my fingers that she takes some time off for herself...

Last edited:
Lol I weighed my eggs today. Hummers first egg is 31 grams. They are now about 39grams (told you they were tiny). Nuggets first was 35 grams, 3rd is 39 grams.

Here is a pic of Hummers egg from today next to a large store bought egg ( so wish the color showed better in pictures. You can see the difference in person between her light color and the white one from the store.
I can see the color difference! I really do think her "light tint" of color is so cool. I've never seen any like that before! I bet her eggs will keep getting bigger. Moon & Speedy each laid their second egg this morning... they are also peewee :love I'm sure they will just take some time to work up to it!
20210917_085526.jpg

Back
Top Bottom