Pics
wow nice! can't wait to hear what it weighs! and soooo pretty!!

I just love how once they are done they bomb on out. Mine do it. They sit there forever (even Nugget when she does her ghost eggs) then once done they get up and run as fast as they can out of the coop. LOL
Hahaha yessss... I jokingly say that they are scared of what came out of them 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Zoingo's most recent 3 eggs that were gigantic just got eaten... they were all 3 double yolkers! Only got a pic of two but here they are getting cooked up :drool

20210923_172328.jpg

Zoingo's most recent 3 eggs that were gigantic just got eaten... they were all 3 double yolkers! Only got a pic of two but here they are getting cooked up :drool

View attachment 2844258
That is awesome! I keep hoping that at least one of mine will lay some for me! Growing up I had chickens and that was always the BEST when I would crack an egg and it would be a double yolker. I must admit when buying eggs I would sometimes get jumbo in hopes of getting a double yolker since I have gotten one in them here or there. LOL

did you weigh those eggs?

both Hummer and Nuggets eggs were a tad bit bigger today! They were right about 42/43g so still small but better than 39-40. LOL so maybe I will start seeing an increase in size..... Or those were flukes today. hahaaa

And Annabelle went in while Hummer was laying and watched for a bit then peeked at one of the nest boxes (didn't see if she got in or not). Hummer likes to lay alone so shocked she didn't get out when Annabelle went in. But at least there is starting to be some interest there. And what I thought of today is Hummer laid her first egg on a Sun (of course then it took her a week to lay her 2nd one. LOL), 2 weeks later on a Sun Nugget laid her first. This Sun coming up will be 2 weeks since Nugget laid so maybe Annabelle will follow suit and lay then? LOL probably not since her pelvic bones still seem close together but one can wish. haahaa

both Hummer and Nuggets eggs were a tad bit bigger today! They were right about 42/43g so still small but better than 39-40. LOL so maybe I will start seeing an increase in size..... Or those were flukes today. hahaaa

And Annabelle went in while Hummer was laying and watched for a bit then peeked at one of the nest boxes (didn't see if she got in or not). Hummer likes to lay alone so shocked she didn't get out when Annabelle went in. But at least there is starting to be some interest there. And what I thought of today is Hummer laid her first egg on a Sun (of course then it took her a week to lay her 2nd one. LOL), 2 weeks later on a Sun Nugget laid her first. This Sun coming up will be 2 weeks since Nugget laid so maybe Annabelle will follow suit and lay then? LOL probably not since her pelvic bones still seem close together but one can wish. haahaa
Hey, the guessing game is fun and helps curb the egg anticipation haha. I will be cheering for Annabelle! It seems your girls are making steady progress... just taking their time to do it gently 🤭

...and coming in at #4 is NUGGET! She laid her first egg today at 21 weeks and one day old! She is an Easter Egger... but laid a brown egg. I had a moment of disappointment that it wasn't a fun color... but then the excitement of her joining Team Egg Layer took over! It is actually a very pretty egg... I discovered that under the bloom she has beautiful dark speckles on her egg!!! I'm so proud of her. Here is Miss Nugget and her egg! (She was stubborn and made her own nest spot on the floor of the coop by the door... silly girl! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️)
20210924_134635.jpg 20210924_122956.jpg 20210924_123346.jpg

Last edited:
...and coming in at #4 is NUGGET! She laid her first egg today at 21 weeks and one day old! She is an Easter Egger... but laid a brown egg. I had a moment of disappointment that it wasn't a fun color... but then the excitement of her joining Team Egg Layer took over! It is actually a very pretty egg and I'm so proud of her. The bloom gives it a nice speckle! Here is Miss Nugget and her egg! (She was stubborn and made her own nest spot on the floor of the coop by the door... silly girl! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️)
View attachment 2844992View attachment 2844993View attachment 2844994
wow your girls are all getting it done! What a pretty egg. I understand about being sad that it wasn't a pretty color. I think I would have cried if Hummers wasn't, as it is it is extremely light so hard to see it has color and that is hard enough to take. LOL But she is also my only EE so for this year my only chance at a colored egg. The rest will lay different shades of tan. My Nuggets should have a pink tint to them but I don't really see the pink tint to hers either just a very light tan, but it is a pretty tan.

how many more around this age are you waiting on? you have some younger right?

Hey, the guessing game is fun and helps curb the egg anticipation haha. I will be cheering for Annabelle! It seems your girls are making steady progress... just taking their time to do it gently 🤭
yes it is! I also have 2 light brahma's that should lay sometime in Oct/Nov. But one her comb and wattles are still so light pink so I know she isn't close. Marshmallows are much closer and getting quite red so who knows she may be before Annabelle. I just thought hers would get bigger but someone posted a pic of her Brahma that was laying and it looked close to Marshmallows so who knows. Guess we will see.

wow your girls are all getting it done! What a pretty egg. I understand about being sad that it wasn't a pretty color. I think I would have cried if Hummers wasn't, as it is it is extremely light so hard to see it has color and that is hard enough to take. LOL But she is also my only EE so for this year my only chance at a colored egg. The rest will lay different shades of tan. My Nuggets should have a pink tint to them but I don't really see the pink tint to hers either just a very light tan, but it is a pretty tan.

how many more around this age are you waiting on? you have some younger right?
I have a Buff Orp, Olive egger and BCM that are close and "should" lay quite soon. They are the same age as the other girls laying.. Olive Egger and BCM squat, have pelvic separation and have been investigating the coop during the day a lot. Then I have eight that are 13 weeks old, so a few weeks yet ...and lastly.. ten girls that are little 8-week-old youngins. We shall see who lays this year and who doesn't :pop

Back
Top Bottom