Pics
This is SO FUNNY. What a silly girl. I love seeing them do funny things... the coop cams are like chicken TV hahaha.

I wonder if Hummer and Nugget are slowing down because the time of year...? I think first year they usually keep laying thru the winter though, so I bet you'll keep getting eggs! I'd say 15 eggs in 9 days isn't bad at all for those 2 girls.

I totally understand the no-egg-blues day. I feel like it's been forever since I got one. LOL. Hopefully soon... I have a little carton of eggs on the counter from before "the incident" and I just look at it everyday sadly. I bought eggs at the store and have forbade anyone from eating the last laid eggs until they start again 😂😂😂

When I was treating the girls earlier, one of the Midnight Majesty Marans made a SUPER SQUAT and I was so shocked! They are almost 17 weeks old... so maybe after another week or so of getting back to normal will give me some egg surprises :fl
Annabelle is one of my funnier chickens. Nugget is the other one. I really need to get Annabelle recorded when she is talking but anytime I try she is quiet. haahaa! But she talks almost non stop during the day.

I think time of year has to do with it. They are still above average for their breeds though just seems less in a row and more days off between. I had those 2 weeks that I got 7 from Nugget with 1 day off and that was crazy for her! and Hummer gave the 6 in a row almost all the time which again was crazy! so I like to think they were making up for their lazy sisters at that time. Hummer laid her egg before 7am this morning when their coop door opens so it was still pretty dark out but she always lays super early after a day off.

Oh how exciting about the Marans squatting!!!! Hope next week you have LOTS of eggs to post. :)

Annabelle seemed to yesterday when I went to pat her but maybe she was just ducking under my hand but seemed a bit different to me. Could be my imagination though since the others don't squat for me where I have a roo. Itzy (my roo) seemed interested in one of my Brahma's the other day but from where I was standing it looked like Rosie (who still has a pretty pale comb and wattles) and not Marshmallow but I could have been wrong. Since the other girls got close tolaying he hasn't been interested in anyone until a bit before they start laying. So I keep hoping to see him with Annabelle or Marshmallow so I know they are close. LOL

Hope next week you have LOTS of eggs to post.
You and me both! I'm just going to try to keep being patient... it's just so hard. A couple of the girls have started to look SO ready since "the incident"... including Goldie(GLW), Dottie(Barred Rock), Summer(Welbar), Silver(Olive Egger) and Brittany(Columbian Wyandotte). In my head I'm like... maybe once they all feel normal again I will suddenly have 5 new layers, hahaha.

Itzy (my roo) seemed interested in one of my Brahma's the other day
I love that he is like a temp-checker of who might be ready! I'm looking forward to the day I can add a roo to my flock. I'm worried about finding one that will be good to the ladies and not a total jerk to humans. How is Itzy with you? I wonder if certain breed roos have better personalities or if it's just a case by case situation...

Wow - it will be so neat if they all have different shades! Can't wait to see more!
Here you go, today the next pullet started with 55 grams:

1634824573934.jpeg

You and me both! I'm just going to try to keep being patient... it's just so hard. A couple of the girls have started to look SO ready since "the incident"... including Goldie(GLW), Dottie(Barred Rock), Summer(Welbar), Silver(Olive Egger) and Brittany(Columbian Wyandotte). In my head I'm like... maybe once they all feel normal again I will suddenly have 5 new layers, hahaha.

I love that he is like a temp-checker of who might be ready! I'm looking forward to the day I can add a roo to my flock. I'm worried about finding one that will be good to the ladies and not a total jerk to humans. How is Itzy with you? I wonder if certain breed roos have better personalities or if it's just a case by case situation...
Itzy is amazing!!! I really lucked out with him. He will sometimes dance near us but that is all. We stomped back when he started it to show we were top "roo" and he walks away. My daughter did it to him one time and he pecked her foot so she picked him up and held him. He never did that again. Lol

My daughter did it to him one time and he pecked her foot so she picked him up and held him. He never did that again
LOL :lau that'll teach him! How cute. Do you know if cochin roos are usually nice like that? Or you think it's just his individual personality?

I was just doing dishes and looked over at my sad box of last-laid eggs... 😭😭😭😭
20211021_103313.jpg

LOL :lau that'll teach him! How cute. Do you know if cochin roos are usually nice like that? Or you think it's just his individual personality?

I was just doing dishes and looked over at my sad box of last-laid eggs... 😭😭😭😭
View attachment 2873576
They are sooo pretty though!!!!

I have read cochin roos are normally good. He is funny when I clean the coop he comes in and sits in a corner the whole time. I will get a pic today

Back
Top Bottom