Pics
@MochaLatte how are your girls doing? still checking out the boxes?
They are all squatting and following me around again finally.. its been a month now since our last egg.

Speedy, Zoingo, Blackie, and Sunny all went into nest boxes today. None of them laid - they were only in there for 30 seconds or less each, hahaha... but they are getting interested again, at least! Nugget and Moon are not going into the coop at all still except for bed at night :confused:

Also.... Catelyn(20wks) Ginger(20 wks), Raisin(20 wks), Silver(27wks), Goldie(27wks) and Brittany(27 wks) all investigated inside the coop but not boxes. They are all laying age but haven't laid yet. Catelyn is the Prairie Bluebell Egger and she spends the most time in an out of the coop and going down popping her head into nest boxes. I think she might be the first of this middle group to lay!

All these girls are driving me bananas waiting!

YAY!!! That's an impressive, perfect first egg!

Today, I did a thorough cleaning of our little coop, and removed the cardboard barrier from the nesting boxes. We are a couple weeks from laying age, but the weather permitted the work. They'll have access when they're ready.

YAY!!! That's an impressive, perfect first egg!

Today, I did a thorough cleaning of our little coop, and removed the cardboard barrier from the nesting boxes. We are a couple weeks from laying age, but the weather permitted the work. They'll have access when they're ready.
That's good preparation! How old are your girls? How many/what breeds in your flock? Do you have any pics of them you'd want to share?

They are all squatting and following me around again finally.. its been a month now since our last egg.

Speedy, Zoingo, Blackie, and Sunny all went into nest boxes today. None of them laid - they were only in there for 30 seconds or less each, hahaha... but they are getting interested again, at least! Nugget and Moon are not going into the coop at all still except for bed at night :confused:

Also.... Catelyn(20wks) Ginger(20 wks), Raisin(20 wks), Silver(27wks), Goldie(27wks) and Brittany(27 wks) all investigated inside the coop but not boxes. They are all laying age but haven't laid yet. Catelyn is the Prairie Bluebell Egger and she spends the most time in an out of the coop and going down popping her head into nest boxes. I think she might be the first of this middle group to lay!

All these girls are driving me bananas waiting!
oh that sounds so promising! I am so glad they are starting to come around so hopefully really soon. still thinking your girls will be back to laying (and probably have new ones starting) before Annabelle and Marshmallow lay their first eggs. LOL

Oh I can't wait to see Catelyn's eggs!!!!!!! They are going to be sooooo pretty!

The waiting has to be brutal since they had already been laying! I know just waiting for my 2 that I "thought" were ready months ago to start has been horrible I can't imagine if they were laying and then stopped what it would be like!

oh that sounds so promising! I am so glad they are starting to come around so hopefully really soon. still thinking your girls will be back to laying (and probably have new ones starting) before Annabelle and Marshmallow lay their first eggs. LOL

Oh I can't wait to see Catelyn's eggs!!!!!!! They are going to be sooooo pretty!

The waiting has to be brutal since they had already been laying! I know just waiting for my 2 that I "thought" were ready months ago to start has been horrible I can't imagine if they were laying and then stopped what it would be like!
I'm really hopeful. I was trying to reign it in but nope... I'm excited again. They are just driving me crazy because everytime they go into the coop I'm like OMG, IS THIS IT??! but then they just look around and leave again. BRATS! I was just out there and told them all to stop playing with my emotions LOL

I would be happy if any of them would lay again... or start... I miss their eggs so much :hit

Zoingo told me that they are on strike until Annabelle lays her first egg. Hahahaha

I'm really hopeful. I was trying to reign it in but nope... I'm excited again. They are just driving me crazy because everytime they go into the coop I'm like OMG, IS THIS IT??! but then they just look around and leave again. BRATS! I was just out there and told them all to stop playing with my emotions LOL

I would be happy if any of them would lay again... or start... I miss their eggs so much :hit

Zoingo told me that they are on strike until Annabelle lays her first egg. Hahahaha
It is so hard not to get excited. I lost mine until Annabelle squatted now it is back.

Oh no hopefully they aren't on strike till then. Annabelle likes to tease me so it could be another month. Loltoo many emotions in this one post I didn't know what one to use.

Back
Top Bottom