Oh my just so cute!!!!!!!!!! The little Cayuga doing the sideways torpedo is just sooo adorable!!!!!! Can you tell any of them apart at all? it looks like some may have a bit of a coloring difference.
The torpedos are so great. I wish I had caught them better on camera! Oh gosh and when they would stand up and flap their teeny tiny baby wings... I couldn't even handle it.

I can tell a few of them apart. A couple of them have darker heads than the others. The one with the "girl bill" still has a lighter spot on her bill. She also has a leg band (that I had to replace today since she has grown so much!)

For the cayugas, I cannot tell them apart. At all. They both run over to me the same, same size, same everything... same cuteness....

...sigh... how will I ever send any of them to my uncles farm?

The torpedos are so great. I wish I had caught them better on camera! Oh gosh and when they would stand up and flap their teeny tiny baby wings... I couldn't even handle it.

I can tell a few of them apart. A couple of them have darker heads than the others. The one with the "girl bill" still has a lighter spot on her bill. She also has a leg band (that I had to replace today since she has grown so much!)

For the cayugas, I cannot tell them apart. At all. They both run over to me the same, same size, same everything... same cuteness....

You have to send some away? They are too cute and they look super sweet!

Ok I thought some heads looked lighter but wasn't sure if it was the lighting or the water etc. and looked like one was really big and a couple much smaller too. thought I saw some with darker spots on the wings too but again may have been the angle they were standing. LOL

Oh no when are you sending them? :(

Ok I thought some heads looked lighter but wasn't sure if it was the lighting or the water etc. and looked like one was really big and a couple much smaller too. thought I saw some with darker spots on the wings too but again may have been the angle they were standing. LOL

Oh no when are you sending them? :(
Some are getting a little more of the dark markings! Most of the welshies are about the same size except the last to hatch is a hair smaller.

I got them originally so Blackie could have babies to hatch... it worked out because my uncle was wanting more ducks for his flock (he only has 2 runner ducks left)... but then I decided I would keep a couple hahahaha.

None of the babies will go to his farm until its warmer. They will grow up to big ducks with me before I take them out there so I know they won't have any issues. He's only 20 minutes from me so I can see them often... I just don't know how I'll choose who is going and who is staying. I adore them, and especially after losing Blackie, they are just all so dear to me.

Read: I'm gonna end up keeping them all.

Some are getting a little more of the dark markings! Most of the welshies are about the same size except the last to hatch is a hair smaller.

I got them originally so Blackie could have babies to hatch... it worked out because my uncle was wanting more ducks for his flock (he only has 2 runner ducks left)... but then I decided I would keep a couple hahahaha.

None of the babies will go to his farm until its warmer. They will grow up to big ducks with me before I take them out there so I know they won't have any issues. He's only 20 minutes from me so I can see them often... I just don't know how I'll choose who is going and who is staying. I adore them, and especially after losing Blackie, they are just all so dear to me.

Read: I'm gonna end up keeping them all.
I remembered you saying they were going to your uncles farm and you were going to hatch them for him. It is going to be so hard to choose which ones. Hopefully as they get older it will be easier for you???

This is my fear with hatching out chicks and ordering some extra in case some are roos or don't make it is then if I have extra I have to pick what to keep and what to give away. LOL I just have to think of it that it is in their best interest to find them a new home.

got another egg from Hummer today! They are so LONG compared to Annabelle's and Nugget's eggs. LOL and they are skinnier. Todays was 56g so she is already laying what she laid before she stopped (around 50-53g with biggest before being 55g right before she stopped). Funny since Nugget laid this morning too and hers have been around 48-51g. well yesterday Hummers was 53g. today Nuggets was 53g. It was almost as if she was like "you are NOT laying eggs bigger than me". Then Hummer laid the 56g today. LOL But so far all around 48+g now which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom