It rained this morning and....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkieluver_07, Aug 6, 2009.

1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I hate how the outside air smells like worms. [​IMG]

2. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    I rained this morning and I LOVE how the outside smells like worms! [​IMG]

Except for the fact that my sinuses are acting up and I can't smell a darn thing! [​IMG]

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Songster

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Yep it rained this morning and my chickens are having worms for breakfast lol

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Let me just say,, I wish it had rained this morning and the air smelled like worms!

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Aww too bad. [​IMG] I hope you feel better soon! Then you can smell all the wormy air as much as you like! [​IMG]

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Mine went straight for the worms too after they stuffed themselves with feed. [​IMG] My girls are pigs!

7. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Songster

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Unfortunately I wish it would stop raining. Because our area got 4 inches in about 2 hours yesterday. [​IMG]

8. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I like the smell, but only before it gets too hot and muggy. When it gets too hot and muggy the smell is musty and sticks to the inside of my nose all day!!! EWwwwwwwwwwww

9. SunAngel

SunAngel Songster

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Quote:Mine went straight for the worms too after they stuffed themselves with feed. [​IMG] My girls are pigs!

Omosh, mine have been scarfing the food up like crazy lately. I just got home from TSC with another bag of layer, a bag of grower and a bag of scratch grains. I can only guess its because some are 3-4 monthers putting on weight, some molting and some bouncing back after being broody. I only added 10-15 chickens in each pen, but you would think I added 50 to each with the amount of food being eaten. They get treats and freerange time also.

10. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Ummmm so what do worms smell like? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: