It's a good thing my husband came with me

klen

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 21, 2011
PacNW
to visit the Backyard Farmer because he had the smallest cutest baby chicks in the brooders. I wanted a Buff Brahma and a Dominique and he's getting some BLRWyandottes in another week *dies*. My baby chicks will be here Tuesday maybe Wednesday from Meyers. MUST.WAIT. I figure I'll be back over to visit the Backyard Farmer sometime this week to sneak a few more babies in the brooder.
wink.png

I had no idea we had the Backyard Farmer here until after I had ordered from Meyers. It's good to know I have someone local that isn't a feed store though.

How do you guys resist the cute babies?

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

I like buying chicks from breeders..seems they are quite hardy. The fattest and healthiest chicks I've had were Ameraucanas I purchased from a local lady. We'll help you wait for your chicks by tempting you, in the meanwhile, with pictures of other breeds and soon you will want this, and that, and this,...
tongue2.gif
Welcome to the Dark Side!!

Last edited:
that's funny, I have 9 on the way. I will definitely purchase local from now on. He has some BLRW coming in next week, I'm sure I'll be dragging the kids in to pick up a few. He's got such a cool shop and sells plants too. I bought some tomato and strawberry starters while I was there today too.

Yeah I bought my 6 adults tonight haha Will be making a short trip tomorrow to pick up a few more chicks I think. I want so many different breeds but only can afford to build maybe 2 more coops. Plus still need to put something on the outside of my latest coop.

It only gets worse. Is that what they call chicken math?

Hi klen..where in the PNW are you located? I am east of Tacoma and would be interested in visiting the Backyard Farmer if somewhat close. Of course I would have to take my husband for safety reasons too
big_smile.png
My six chicks have remained that number for 2 years now, but getting tempted...
lol.png

The Backyard Farmer is in Downtown Eugene. He's got quite the set up. If you search him on here there are a couple of articles that come up. Nice guy too. Knows his stuff.

Back
Top Bottom