It's Cold BRRrrrrrrrrr Here this morning.

BamaChicken

Orpingtons Bama Style
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
Wow, we went from a month of 70 degree weather to now 22 to this morning and the wind is about 15 mph. I have a roaring fire going to try and keep us warm and save on utilities. The thoughts of going out to feed and water this morning is not going to be pleasurable as it usaully is. I don't know how all you fine people who live in cold areas make it. Supposed to be down to 18 tonite which means around 14 to 16 where we live.
Hope my chickens who are not that used to cold make it okay. They all have areas out of the wind.
Stay Warm

I'm totally sick of this cold weather too. It was -8 w/ a -18 wind chill. I'm amazed that my chickens are still alive, all were accounted for and all the rooster crowing this morning. Of course they are in 5 inches of wood shavings and 5 inches of straw.
big_smile.png
Only 2 more months of winter.....

I hear you, Julie. It's cold here too. We're just not used to this. Poor chickies. We're complaining because it's in the 20s, and poor Heidi's in Michigan where it's -18. How do you guys do it??? Good news, though, it's supposed to warm up into the 60s and 70s here in the next few days!! Bring 'em on!!
smile.png

Paula

It was -19 here overnight. We might hit a high of 11 today. Monday is supposed to be 37 - thinking about digging the shorts out for that!

Back
Top Bottom