It's hatching!!!

robinaggie

Flew the Coop
11 Years
May 25, 2008
Texas
I turned off my computer and was going to go to bed. I looked in the hatcher-'bator, 'cuz who can resist?, and one of my mutt eggs had a pip. Then right before my eyes - another pip!! Now the baby has zipped 3/4 around the egg in 30 minutes, and it's not even supposed to hatch until Saturday. What am I going to do with one lonely chickie until the others come out?

It's peeping, and working, and peeping, and I can't wait 'til.....
jumpy.gif

pop.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
frow.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
fl.gif

Sorry but this my first hatch in my whole entire life (and I'm no spring chicken).

Well, keep it in the incubator until it is completely dry before you move it to it's warm brooder. Maybe it's friend will also pop out while the first one is drying.

If not, stick a small stuffed animal in the brooder with it.

Good luck!!!! Congratulations on your pips!!!
jumpy.gif

I sure wish my turkey eggs would finally pip tonight.
barnie.gif

I'd be biting my nails if I were you, but I bet you'll wake up to pips and peeps tomorrow.

Good vibes.
fl.gif
:fl:fl

Now I have two mutt babies that look like twins - one from a white egg and one from a brown. There are two more pipping!! The only thing I can figure is that I should have counted the day I set them as day 1, although I was told not to.

Gotta go warm up the brooder!!

I have another black baby, but the two eggs that pipped this morning aren't doing anything. This is my first hatch - you know the temptation to help. I am sitting on my hands!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom