Its raining chickens?!

rinakat87

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 31, 2013
Dallas,Texas
Okay so this question may come off somewhat silly...

I haven't set up my coop yet but I'm trying to figure out one of the most efficient way to prevent water seeping in the coop from when it rains.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Let me know if you have any pics, I would love to see how it worked out!
frow.gif

I had trouble with water coming in through the skylight. Lots of caulk fixed it right up. Might be a good idea to caulk around the bottom of your coop, even if it's on stilts, because it might help keep bugs and other pests from coming right in. IDK, just a thought. :)

I've heard that its a great idea to go ahead and caulk up needed areas! Glad to know it works and most of happy to now it can help keep bugs/pests out. Thank you!

We just set up our coop. I cans free range. Chicken run comes next. Anyway we built a 4x8x6 upper area closed in for nest and roost. It keeps dry in the rain. Caulking along the edge of roof prevents leaks to the nests. The run area, 4x8 has a couple of walls but mostly open rain will get in. We don't put in a floor instead we placed on an existing concrete slab that is 4 inches thick. We put sand over that 3 inches thick. It will drain off and dry out back to sand. There is a roof, one inch pitch for run off. A normal rain straight down everything stays pretty dry. For those storms that like to go sideways, well we haven't had one yet since the coop went up. Thinking of tarping off the side that rain is coming through

Okay so this question may come off somewhat silly...

I haven't set up my coop yet but I'm trying to figure out one of the most efficient way to prevent water seeping in the coop from when it rains.

Do any of you have any suggestions?
Plan it well and Built it right! Good site planning and construction methods should make it impervious to rain.

Back
Top Bottom