It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
Cabbage Surprise Soup Simple to make but really good comfort food.

1 head of cabbage chopped up
1 small whole chicken
1 pound smoked sausage cut in 1/2 inch discs ( I use Carolina Pride Smoked Polish Sausage)
4 potatoes cut into chunks
4 carrots cut in 1 inch discs
1 large onion diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tsp kosher salt or more if you like
1 tsp ground pepper or more if you like
1 tsp poultry seasoning

Boil small/med chicken in water with the onions, garlic and spices until done. Remove when done but keep the water for the soup stock . Add the sausage, carrots and potatoes and let cook while de-boning chicken. Add chicken and cabbage into pot and cook until vegetables and potatoes are done. The surprise is you put put the organ meat back in the pot and the lucky one gets it served to them when they spoon it into their bowl. My family loves boiled gizzards so the lucky one ends up with it. Serve over rice or with cornbread.
This sounds so good! I'm trying to decide where to put it in the database...chicken soup, pork soup or vegetable...lol! I think it's going under chicken! Thank you for another yummy sounding recipe! :)

As a quick go to, I make a copycat Olive Zuppa Tuscana soup (potato, sausage, and cream)

1 pound of sweet italian sausage
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
2 ish cups of slice yellow potatoes
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 bay leaf
Cracked black pepper to taste
1 box of chicken stock or broth
1 cup of heavy cream or half and half
Kale if desired

Either use a straight side saute pan or soup pot. Saute sausage. be sure to break it up. Once sausage is cooked add celery and onion and garlic. Cook until onions are transparent. Add pepper, thyme, and bay leaf. Stir until thyme is fragrant. Add potatoes. Stir until potatoes are costed in any fat drippings. Add stock until mixture is just covered. Simmer uncovered until potatoes are cooked.

While simmering, in separate pot steam some kale if desired.

Once potatoes are cooked, add cream. Stir. Taste to see if salt is needed. Serve.

Serve with kale, parmesan cheese, a dash ofred pepper flakes, or crusty bread.

Note: all amounts are approximate. I just eyeball it usually. Also, I use Aldi bulk italian sausage and chicken stock. I hardly ever have to add salt.

As a quick go to, I make a copycat Olive Zuppa Tuscana soup (potato, sausage, and cream)

1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 bay leaf
Kale if desired

Either use a straight side saute pan or soup pot. Saute sausage. be sure to break it up. Once sausage is cooked add celery and onion and garlic. Cook until onions are transparent. Add pepper, thyme, and bay leaf. Stir until thyme is fragrant. Add potatoes. Stir until potatoes are costed in any fat drippings. Add stock until mixture is just covered. Simmer uncovered until potatoes are cooked.

Once potatoes are cooked, add cream. Stir. Taste to see if salt is needed. Serve.

Note: all amounts are approximate. I just eyeball it usually. Also, I use Aldi bulk italian sausage and chicken stock. I hardly ever have to add salt.

That really sounds good!

1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 bay leaf
Kale if desired

One of my favorites! Thank you for sharing! :)

@Sahraschweiss Zuppa Tuscana recipe reminded me of my copycat of Olive Gardens Pasta E Fagioli soup! It's pretty tasty!

@N F C Shared this link to her Olive Garden Copycat Bread Sticks! Yum!!!

Pasta E Fagioli Recipe

Ready in 30-60 minutes!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 teaspoon Oil
1 pound Ground beef
6 ounces Onion; chopped
7 ounces Carrots; slivered
7 ounces Celery; diced
24 ounces Tomatoes; canned, diced
1 cup cooked Red Kidney beans
1 cup cooked White kidney beans
44 ounces Beef stock
1 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons Parsley; (fresh chopped)
3/4 teaspoon Tapatio sauce
24 ounces Del Monte Four Cheese Spaghetti sauce
4 ounces dry pasta Shell macaroni; or other pasta

Directions:

Preparation: Sauté beef in oil in large 10-qt. pot until beef starts to brown. Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse beans and add to the pot. Also add beef stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, spaghetti sauce, and noodles. Add chopped parsley. Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes. Makes 9 qts. of soup! **Just cut the recipe in 1/2 for smaller family needs!
Serves/makes 4.5 qts

Pasta E Fagioli Recipe Instant Pot Version

Serves/Makes: 4.5 qts

Ingredients:

1 1/2 teaspoon Oil
1 pound Ground beef
6 ounces Onion; chopped
7 ounces Carrots; slivered
7 ounces Celery; diced
24 ounces Tomatoes; canned, diced
1 cup cooked Red Kidney beans
1 cup cooked White kidney beans
44 ounces Beef stock
1 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons Parsley; (fresh chopped)
3/4 teaspoon Tapatio sauce
24 ounces Del Monte Four Cheese Spaghetti sauce
4 ounces dry pasta Shell macaroni; or other pasta

Directions:

Preparation: Sauté beef in oil in pot until beef starts to brown. Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and saute. Drain and rinse beans and add to the pot. Also add beef stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, spaghetti sauce, and noodles. Add chopped parsley. Cook on HP about half the time recommended to cook the pasta, QR.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom