Its time for another round of "NAME! THAT! CHICKEN!"

capstone

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 12, 2012
These guys/gals are all 5 weeks old now and I am pretty sure I have two roos as they bicker with each other, no feather pulling just bullying. LOL Any guesses on sex and a breed or mix would be a nice addition as well.
#1 I think is a roo

#2 I am almost sure is a roo this one has one feather coming out from each foot

#5 this one has a streak of black feathers down her leg.

I hesitate to weigh in because I'm by no means an expert, but they look kinda like easter eggers to me. And I think #2 (third picture) is your only cockerel.

i would say #1 and 2 are cocks and the rest are hens :)
not sure about breed though, but maybe EEs? or marans?

U should name #5: Zoe! :D

One and two are roos, rest look like pullets so far.

Breed--maybe splash Andalusian? Can't recall what leg color they should have right off. Where did you get them?

thank you for your input.. it is much appreciated.

We got them from one of the ladies who runs the homeschool office and she got them from someone at church. So i am not sure what they are.

The 4-H expo was this past week and we looked the chickens over really well (found a few that I would like to have. LOL) and to us the andalusions looked the most like ours. The feet/leg color, feather color, the way they held themselves.. just looked a lot like ours only bigger of course.

So with 2 roos I will have to rehome one.. :( cant have 2 roos and 3 hens. too bad they dont have a nueter program for roosters...
lau.gif

I appologize but I am not sure what the abreviations mean. I am new to chickens and their "lingo". LOL

Back
Top Bottom