ive gone blank. help.. :\

Well,

I am Day 19 too...just came home from work- I called my husband on my way home and asked if any chicks had hatched- he said"I dont know, I didnt check"...then he sat there on the phone until I yelled "WELL! GO CHECK!!!!"
he.gif
barnie.gif

Men! How could he NOT have his nose glued to the incubator?

Anyhow- no pips, nothing. Nothing but stress.

barnie.gif
Oh I KNOW! Mine came upstairs this morning at 5 am and said "Is there supposed to be a DEAD chick in the incubator?"

th.gif
Luckily he was wrong and my first chick was just so darned tired from hatching.....

men
tongue.png

Well, I came home and whistled to my eggs....no, not crazy..just married to someone who doesnt babytalk eggs, lol. Poor eggs all alone all day.
tongue.png

Where are you at, Guitarists? What part of Michigan? Could you ask summer to come back?

lol... its the oppiste for me.. im a guy.. and she doesnt care much bout the eggs.. LOL ! ahhh!
its the end of day 19.. nothing yet. still really early... ughhhh its killing me. my window on my bator is all smuggy from my face squishing to it.. LMAO. i sooo hooppppeee i get to see some signs soon! good luck you guys
smile.png
... coffee! you have quiet the assortment of bantams in the bator! i cant wait to see all thier little feather feet!
love.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
pop.gif

I GOT A CHICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just hatched bout a half hour ago! and 3 pips with one starting to zip!1!!!!!! looks like its working! i think the chick is a blue cochin... its really blue. lol

Congrats! I am up to 4 EE now- one is giant, I thought it was a goose, lol.

I have some pips, and I was hoping that my Silkies would start to hatch before I drop- I am so exhausted, I think they are waiting for me to fall asleep. I have two Silkie pips now...perhaps if I go to bed, then I will wake up to Silkie and EE galore.

Very interesting.
From what I've read, this is Day 20 for you, right?
Did your temps tend to run a bit high?
That's what I hear sometimes leads to an early hatch, so I'm curious.

Susan

yes they were a bit high but not by mcuh... about 100.5 or so with forced air.. i got another one zipping !!!!
smile.png
i really hope i get a silkie... if i dont im gonna
hit.gif
but still be happy
love.gif
cuz i got a chick.. mixed emotins.... i should have just gotten pure silkies. less stress..lol.. mabye my next hatch.. of i do a next hatch..lol

Im up to six EE, no silkies...one dead silkie in egg- it pipped then died..Maybe it drowned- there was all sorts of fluid leaking out of the pip. I hate this humidity crap. Too high, too low...

I staggered my eggs in the incubator: I did EE, Silkie, EE, Silkie...because I wanted to make sure that my Silkies all had a chance- still air incubator. I barely opened it during the past three weeks and only candled them twice, well, if you count when I moved them to the hatcher- three times.
My EE are hatching great, no pips (okay, one dead, one maybe pip) on the Silkies. They were shipped by different places. The silkie eggs came in a box- floating free in a box of shredded newspaper. Real small pointy eggs. The Easter Eggers were so bubble wrapped and in cartons, wrapped in bubble wrap, so so so well- protected.

This is Day 21 so I have some time, but I am feeling very frustrated because it is odd to not have them be on par with the Easter Eggers. AND wow, those chicks are LOUD and all over the incubator. Right now, they are congregating around an egg that is zipping...heh heh, "Come on out, Friend, we are here...You can Do IT!!!" (I have had very little sleep).

Back
Top Bottom