Ive lost my written life history !!!update~ flunked interview!

bantymum

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
4 hours from Sydney Australia
I cannot explain how bad I feel,:mad:
My RESUME cannot be found anywhere, Ive looked at backup discs, through paper files, on old computers, nothing.
My whole life history has disappeared into thin air!
I havent needed my resume for 3 years and now i am changing my life around to return to the workforce again.

I have a great job to apply for and they are really keen to receive my resume and I need to address the selection criteria.
I cannot remember dates of previous jobs, I lost alot of memory when I had trauma hypnotherapy to heal the pain of a childhood attack.
I had a really good folder where i kept all this stuff and the vital first pages (resume) are missing.
I do have references still with some dates to go by so im am now in the process of putting the jigsaw puzzle together.
Im also going to phone people who I applied for a job with in the past in the hope that they can retrieve my resume on file.
I am so angry, depressed and theres a big hole in my tummy.
I have to address the selection criteria and that will be a challenge as Im out of practice with this stuff.
Anyhow, i thought id post this because we really dont realise how important it is to keep these things in a safe place, so Please go into your computers and save your life story onto a disc and put it somewhere safe!!!!!

Last edited:
Banty,

What program did you use to make your resume? You can search
on document type rather than the name. This type of search has
saved me many times for lost files.

If it is gone don't panic. You can reconstruct it from many different
data sources, including your memory. Tax records, bank statements,
phone books, etc... You may also find friends and family that can
help fill in the blanks.

I don't know how resumes are viewed in Australia. Here in the U.S.
most companies just want to see a general work experience and
a resume no longer than 2 pages.

Best of luck. It will be fine.

Don

ohhh man that sucks i hate storing stuff on computer one year we lost 2oo pics off the comp and never got them back................
roll.png

Thanks Don, the old files were on a computer which was blown up in a lightning storm and I didnt back up!!
So ill do it manually as best I can!!
thanks, i feel like bawling right now!!
this is so scary applying for a job again!!

Bantymum,
You are going to do just fine. If you don't land this job, consider it practice for landing the real job. Yes, I imagine it is scary. I haven't worked outside the home in 7 years and I think I would be a bit scared myself. We're all pulling for you!!
hugs.gif

Just relax, you won't do well if you're a ball of nervous tension.

It will come together, just start writing things down on a piece of paper, a lot of the time I go by how old my kids were or if they were even born and other milestones through your life can help put the pieces together. And after all that if its not EXACT - nobody will lock you up for it!
Just get it as best you can, and you'll be just fine!

Work backwards from now for the last 10 years, and that should be PLENTY of info!
In another section (Experience)you can cover things you've learned or experience gained prior to that.

Thankyou so much for the support, i really dont have anyone here with me now who can understand my pain and anxiety!!! you guys are my rock.
Now im going to go into Microsoft word and start all over again. The thought of it makes me ill!!!

I dont know how long you have been out of the workforce. You might try the last place that you worked. If they had a good HR department they might have the resume that you used to get that job.

Even those of us with no memory problems have trouble remembering dates and wages and such. At least I do!

Take a deep breath and type!

Can't really help you with your problem now, but this is what I do with big assignments or important things that I know I will need. I email it to myself at more than one email addy so even if one email service crashes, my computers die, and all back up fails, there is the glimmer of hope being able to search through mail boxes of old documents you need. Gmail is great for this because you can "store" attachments up to 10mb's on it and it has unlimited mail box space.

Up here they only go to your past 3 jobs.
Goddess knows, I've been working since I was 13, yes folks that is 30 years!
I have a paper copy of my latest resume and one with my work dates on it and one on the computer.
Just take a deep breath. If I could walk in and start on a job I would be soooo happy. I hate interviews.

Back
Top Bottom