Ivermectin.....paste?

Best I remember because I have early signs of dimentia.I used the paste for horses pushed out 250 lb amount with 9 cc of water shook very well and gave 1/4 cc 3 days pups were 6 pounds

Due to health reasons I had no choice to stop raising gamefowl and game dogs but man did I raise some fine creature's.Best catch dogs on earth kinda like Matallica seek and destroy .I thank God for my days of wild boar hunting and competition in 3 countries.Sad but true I am a dying breed.also is gamefowl .That's where my true passion was.However I always loved all fowl. Just to sit and watch is so pleasing

Wow. Rude much? I'm not sure where you get off bringing my finances up, but for the record it's not a matter of 'affording' it, it's a matter of how much will be wasted. I have a problem with wasting things I bought with the money I worked for and simply cited that for my reasoning for looking into alternative wormers. Guess that translated into I can't afford chickens?

In any case I've picked a wormer I'm satisfied with, but thanks for the help.
Well said 🖐️🤜🤜👊👊

I do not know if you have dogs too. I have five dogs & I use the ivermectin (injectable) as their heart worm preventative (and general de-wormer {all except when they get a tapeworm}) -- so in addition to using it on my chickens as a de-wormer, de-licer, de-miter, I have it for the dogs. Heart worm preventative would cost a lot more if I were using the standard pills you have to buy from the vet or on-line-- much cheaper using the ivermectin for my dogs in this regard.

The above being said, I also like to follow-up wormers, so I use Wazine sometimes and fenbendazole (panacur) as a second wormer & I only do that about once a year -- you mention "chicks," of course, you should NEVER de-worm chicks or juveniles and some people only de-worm if they see a problem in their adult birds (de-wormers will deform & twist young feathers) -- in nature, there is a natural balance between the worms in the environment and your chickens -- the worms do not effect your chickens unless something else gets out of control (i.e. another disease or problem). When I use the ivermectin on the chickens is when I have an invasion of those red mites -- ivermectin is about the only way to halt them (so as a de-wormer, for scaley leg mite -- they get treated for that too). I do not think ivermectin is very effective mixed in water. I place "X" number of drops depending on the weight of the bird, on the skin between the shoulder blades at the base of the neck (on each bird).
Can anyone send me a link of where I can purchase the ivermectin that you put a drop on the back of their neck? All I’m saying is goat dewormer and horse paste and having a hard time with finding something I can treat my whole flock because I have so many 5 gallon buckets out there. It would be hard to treat all the water sources. Also, does ivermectin treat tapeworm? And if not, what is a good treatment. I am finding little pieces of worm in the poop that someone said are pieces of tapeworm.

Back
Top Bottom