Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

I doubt the inside of the egg got below 79 that fast....how far along are they? have you candled them?

Yes i have candled them. They are about a week or more. All three seemed to have something inside them or so. Is there anyway i can put up a video to show you guys what im talking about

Woo hoo!!
wee.gif
Max is getting a girlfriend.
love.gif
Max's add worked.

the one faverolles sounds like it's stuck...as though it's not been turned...I have a couple of duck eggs looking that way I changed incubators with a different turner...I hope those babies make it for us!!

vicks or vasoline...didn't have vasoline so I used the vicks....but not on the boo boo...I think he got a drink and it stuck to the ice in the waterer when he lifted his head it ripped a little....my poor boy....he's such a handsome roo....

oh crap.. did not think of it being stuck!! expect possible malposition do you think?
I hand turned these 3x per day.
in fact, this 1 egg is the only 1 in the Faverolles that appeared detached and rolling air cell.
the others weren't detached (they are saddling now, so I think they may have actually been very slightly detached) however I treated them all as detached anyway just to be safe.
there was 1 day that I only turned them 2x because I was extremely sick with a cold/flu that day. If it is stuck it is probably because the Favs were turned slightly less. the Wy's had an auto-turner

I think my first hatch is about done. I set 14 barred rock x buff orpington eggs from my hen. 10 made it to lockdown. All ten hatched and are doing awesome! I also set 21 wheaten marans from a friend. Several were suspected to have gotten very cold prior to incubation. I left 18 in for lockdown (3 obvious clears) but they are so dark I'm not sure how many were actually alive at lockdown. 9 hatched, 7 are healthy. One is listing to the side and can't stand despite having been out long enough to be totally dry. One I have left in the bator because it seems very weak. It doesn't look like the yolk was fully absorbed. It doesn't appear to be thriving. I'm going to give those two until morning before culling but they don't look good right now. I also had one die halfway through zipping. I agree that it's disappointing to see them get so close only to have them expire!
As for the remaining 8, no pips and I don't see anything that looks alive, but again, VERY dark eggs! I'm leaving them in a couple more days but dropping the humidity because I have other eggs that aren't due yet in there.

I shut myself in the dark bathroom, this is the led I had before

This is the new mini mag lite pro! I can even see it reflecting dust in the air! Tried an egg, only on day 3, but wow! Yippee!
I have been thru so many flashlights and batteries. After I saw your pictures, I had to buy one. Got a blue one today at Walmart.

Here ....here.....! agreed! This was in response to the post about the wonderful helpful folks on these boards.

Last edited:
Well sad news today, I turned off the incubator at day 7, booo hooo my eggs were all duds....super clear with an egg yolk floating around.... I set more of my hens eggs last week a couple of days after my 3 silkies hatched and I could only get 4 cause she went broody a week before and egg production stopped. Seems like her last bunch of eggs have all been infertile. I would love to set more eggs but afraid that if I get a bunch of boys I'm going to get stuck. Are there any breeds where roosters are wanted? I'm thinking sermas?

Well sad news today, I turned off the incubator at day 7, booo hooo my eggs were all duds....super clear with an egg yolk floating around.... I set more of my hens eggs last week a couple of days after my 3 silkies hatched and I could only get 4 cause she went broody a week before and egg production stopped. Seems like her last bunch of eggs have all been infertile. I would love to set more eggs but afraid that if I get a bunch of boys I'm going to get stuck. Are there any breeds where roosters are wanted? I'm thinking sermas?
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom