janoel 48 egg incubator automatic turner humidity?

the eggs only rotate side to side not in a complete circle. i just meant the egg turner returns them to the same position after its turn cycle

Actually the turner doesnt lol.....it has so many cycles that it stopped on center...stops turned to the right...stops turned to the left. i've not been able to watch the thing for 8hrs to varify but i believe it is 2hrs center...cycle thru 2hrs right...cycle 2hrs center...cycle 2 hrs left...cycle 2hrs center...repeat. So it might look like it is always the same but its not, the longer you use it and the more often your naughty and open the lid you will see it stopped different ways. Just make sure when it does its turning it is actually turning and it should be fine.

As said above, beware the knock-off model with the tilted panel. It also only has an 80W motor which (believe me!) burns out in no time - about 3 hatches.

I am running 5 of these units (including one 80W one which I now use just as a dedicated hatcher) and have yet to get one where the humidity is doing what it says its doing. Most of mine are indicating 15%-25% too LOW.
Now that I am getting my head around what they are really doing (showing 40%, actually running at 65%) I am improving my hatch rate each week.

You can alter the alarms, I think they are factory set to beep at you when they go below 45% (which on mine is really 60%). Hold down the 'set' button until letters appear on the temp window. Then click '+' until AS shows. Click Set. It will now show the number it is set at. Push + or - to raise or drop what number you want the alarm to go to (I have all mine now set at 25, which is really about 40%).

By the way, the temp indicators on mine are all up the creek too. The 80W one is now set at 39.5C, it is really 36.4C inside. Another is reading 38.2C to achieve 36.5C. Another 37.5C for 36.5C. It pays to have a couple of good thermometers/hydrometers and check your readouts every few days.

I think mine is a knock off brand. I have ordered 2 hygrometer/thermometer off amazon to have better temp and humidity readings.

As said above, beware the knock-off model with the tilted panel. It also only has an 80W motor which (believe me!) burns out in no time - about 3 hatches.

I am running 5 of these units (including one 80W one which I now use just as a dedicated hatcher) and have yet to get one where the humidity is doing what it says its doing. Most of mine are indicating 15%-25% too LOW.
Now that I am getting my head around what they are really doing (showing 40%, actually running at 65%) I am improving my hatch rate each week.

You can alter the alarms, I think they are factory set to beep at you when they go below 45% (which on mine is really 60%). Hold down the 'set' button until letters appear on the temp window. Then click '+' until AS shows. Click Set. It will now show the number it is set at. Push + or - to raise or drop what number you want the alarm to go to (I have all mine now set at 25, which is really about 40%).

By the way, the temp indicators on mine are all up the creek too. The 80W one is now set at 39.5C, it is really 36.4C inside. Another is reading 38.2C to achieve 36.5C. Another 37.5C for 36.5C. It pays to have a couple of good thermometers/hydrometers and check your readouts every few days.

I think mine is a knock off brand. I have ordered 2 hygrometer/thermometer off amazon to have better temp and humidity readings.

Sadly as i have said many times before the knockoff ones are usually junk. It is the exact same panel used for the real janoel but the sensors, fans, heating element, turners, mesh floor, lid, sides....pretty much every other part of it beyond that control panel is the cheapest they can get.

For example:
The heating element in the real janoel is a very large single loop circle that is almost as big as the incubator lid.
The fan is a large white fan that only just fits inside the heating coil (knock off i have seen use a small computer fan)
Those are some of the big factors on why they dont work right or break.

I have the real janoel incubator. And thank you for your help. i did notice in the middle of the night that the eggs were straight up and down. Now i just need to wait and see how many are fertile. I started checking some of them, a couple of them had a darker shadow and a few of them were visible clear. Does about a 50 50 mix seem about right or is it just way to soon to check. i am on day 5

I have the real janoel incubator. And thank you for your help. i did notice in the middle of the night that the eggs were straight up and down. Now i just need to wait and see how many are fertile. I started checking some of them, a couple of them had a darker shadow and a few of them were visible clear. Does about a 50 50 mix seem about right or is it just way to soon to check. i am on day 5
General rule for chicks is check on day 7, ducks are day 10, and muscovy ducks are day 14.

Finally found out the "Brand" of the knock off Janoel8-48.....its called Howard YZ8-48. Also finally found a weight on both of them.

YZ8-48 11lbs
Janoel8-48 16lbs

So definately lacking quality parts, no way you can cut out 5 lbs and have the same quality.

Back
Top Bottom