Janoel Incubation Experience

i think mine is different than that i might have the knockoff my heater is behind the fan but as of right now I'm loving my incubator it is much steadier then my little giant 9300 the only problem is i have 2 dozen eggs in there that all have detached air cells from shipping but as of right now I'm really impressed with this unit any one with any tips for detached air cells as of right now the eggs have been in for 1 day i have not turned them and I'm doing a dry incubator i have the eggs in the turner with it unplugged when i plug it in does it just move slow or does it turn the eggs in one shot...

Sounds like you have the same one I have. If that's the case, mine turns in one swoop, from one side to the other. Every 2 hours, it counts down to 0:00. After that zero minute is over, it slowly makes its turn.

Before my last set, mine keep doing its move, but would end up flat! Took me a day to figure out I must have turned it off in the middle of a move! Make sure the little arm that rotates on the motor, stops at left and right positions, not top and bottom.

Lockdown today!

I decided I would candle to be sure there were no quitters. On the third egg I witnessed one trying to pip internally so I quickly shut it down. That was a first for me. Pretty cool! Anyone ever see that?

I think I am off by one day. I was unsure as I had a power surge and my counter reset! I was so harried this last month that I didn't mark the date on my calendar. This really highlights how with so many hatches, breeds and genetics I have to get my stuff together!

ANyone here care to share how they band their chickens to keep them straight?

I use a toe punch to mark my chicks some times if I'm hatching a few breeds at the same time i will use a divider in my incubator i toe punch them as i take them out so i no what chick came from what breeding pair then i record this in my book an when thy get bigger i use a wing band to id them that's how i do it its alto of work some times....

Lockdown today!

I decided I would candle to be sure there were no quitters. On the third egg I witnessed one trying to pip internally so I quickly shut it down. That was a first for me. Pretty cool! Anyone ever see that?

I think I am off by one day. I was unsure as I had a power surge and my counter reset! I was so harried this last month that I didn't mark the date on my calendar. This really highlights how with so many hatches, breeds and genetics I have to get my stuff together!

ANyone here care to share how they band their chickens to keep them straight?

I locked down this morning. No internal pips, but I believe they were all ready. Just one of the 14 concerns me. It is my smallest egg, and it has a larger clear-ish/fluid area that I wish it didn't have, but it was still moving, so I'm hopeful. Now let's just hope the humidity behaves while I'm at work!

I did see one of my ducks stretching on the membrane last hatch. It is pretty cool, huh.

My counter reset itself last time too. I taped a piece of masking tape over the digital counter, and wrote each day on it lol

I've thought about bands for the chicks, but I don't really have enough yet to bother with it. But I'm curious as to what others do.... ya know, I might eventually get there.

2 are out.

3 pips currently. i believe the rush will be late tonight.
wee.gif

im glad to hear that everyone is having good luck with there incubators mine seems to be running realy good knock on wood.......

I don't want to jinx it, but this is my best hatch yet!

I have 8 chicks out of the 19 eggs and 3 more pips.

I have one that pipped on the wrong side, but it has a large part of the shell chipped away. I think it will make it if the chicks leave it alone. I had one going in that was dodgey, but I couldn't check it because I had that internal pip and closed it all down.

I am DYING to see the lavenders. I want them so bad. I am picking up three lavender chicks next week when I pick up my silver laced and another chocolate for some genetic diversity. I am also getting Black Copper Maran, Lemon Cuckoo (my daughter bought me for my birthday), and Cuckoo Orpington eggs. I lockdown again next Friday and then 4 days after that! Phew!!!!!!

OK WV...it's been 6 hours since your last update. You MUST have pips?!

Sounds like its going well for you. That's awesome. Post some pics when you can. I'm still actually on day 19....no pips yet. But I'm home with them tomorrow and Friday so I should get to witness alot of it!

Geez that's alot of chicks you are getting! I'd be going nuts. Well, more nuts lol

Back
Top Bottom