January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

Pics
Tsc near me has ducklings and am trying to talk hubs into it. Lol. I want some! He is mostly worried they will fly off when they are grown. I already have a brooder light. Just need a new container for babies.
A large plastic tote works well for me but I only get two at a time. Our Rural King will sell you two but TSC makes you buy 6. I ordered the two I wanted from Metzer since neither place would ever have Call Ducklings. Good luck on talking him into it. I purchase and then send pictures back home to him so that he has time to get used to the ideal of having ducklings in the house again before I get there, lol. It works every time for me.

I bought two Runner Ducklings last May and the seller told me that the parents could fly very well so I pinioned them. I also have Mallards that I have to clip one wing and even my fat Rouen Ducks can get off of the ground pretty well. My Muscovy Duck I am sure would be able to fly away if I did not clip one wing as I got her as a 3 month old. My huge Mule Duck can get over 6 feet off of the ground and I have to clip her also. Good luck with your decision of what kind you get. Mallards are the most likely to fly away if not clipped. I sold 6 to a man that had them for 4 years and they decided to leave. He never understood it as they were well fed, had a pond and had it made.

Back
Top Bottom