Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

Pics
My guess is going to be roux, but we'll see what happens. There are three of them and 6 each of the other two varieties.

They are way too cute, way too cute. And now I want to hatch a batch of button quail just to see how tiny and cute they really can get. I love how they do everything together, everybody is awake at once, everybody is asleep at once. Not like chicken chicks, who will have some awake and some sleeping. And the hatching is the same thing, they all hatched at once!

The lighter chipmunk ones do appear to be roux now that they are a week old and have gotten some feathers, but in the darker chipmunk ones there is one that is either an odd pharoah or something else. It has a reddish head, with no black markings on it's head, the chest is dark and the markings are coming in different from the rest of the pharoah. I tried to get a photo, but as is normal for a week old quail, it wasn't going to be still for me.

If you breed 2 pharohs is it possible to get random varieties of colors? Or do you guys have all these different color types to sart with?

If you breed 2 pharohs is it possible to get random varieties of colors? Or do you guys have all these different color types to sart with?
I started with Pharoahs, Texas A&Ms and Italians. I think that the white is the only one that could be hidden under pharoah.

Back
Top Bottom