Java Thread

This whole discussion has been talked about earlier in this thread....big medicine had some good input earlier....one has to wonder some, and be amazed somewhat.

bigz

Thanks bigzio! I'll go back and look up that part with big medicines posts. I mean the thread is only 163 pages but I didn't start on page one
hmm.png

Thank you bnjrob for the learning!

Last edited:
It is fun! I didn't see anywhere in the SOP for black java that they are DQ'd for red hackle. But white feather yes. Will be fun to see how your boy matures. I'm going to set a bunch of Auburn eggs end of the month! Very excited!
smile.png
Looking for some nice blacks. Whites would be fun too. Can you tell I'm retired? I have some nice breeds to grow this year but my main focus is Java and Russian Orloff. Since they are slow growers I have some others to keep me occupied
smile.png

Oh wow! Those were the two breeds I wanted when I got into chickens! I am so excited for you!

Im really excited to find a Java thread. Im reading thru the whole thread slowly so forgive me if I ask a question that has already been answered. Does anyone here show their Javas?

My boy Hercules took Reserve American this past weekend and Im very proud of him

Im really excited to find a Java thread. Im reading thru the whole thread slowly so forgive me if I ask a question that has already been answered. Does anyone here show their Javas?

My boy Hercules took Reserve American this past weekend and Im very proud of him

Hercules is a nice-looking bird. Congratulations! Thanks for posting the pic.

Edited to add: I'm especially jealous of his head. I'm struggling with eye color and head shape in my birds.

Last edited:
Masked, you might send a email with a few pics of your roo over to Lyle Behl. He could tell you most probably whether you have a red headed Black Java or a Auburn there. Heres one artcile written on the Auburn by Mr.Behl http://www.javabreedersofamerica.com/javas/auburn/
It gets deep for me to understand some but you will get the idea.

Fascinating article -- thank you for sharing!

Oh wow! Those were the two breeds I wanted when I got into chickens! I am so excited for you!

Thanks for the encouragement
smile.png
I have a house full of near month old Orloff chicks and more eggs cooking. I'm just in love with the breed.
I'm going to raise the Black Java when I find some eggs or day old chicks to buy that are of good large size soon.
I am going to incubate a good bunch of Auburn Java too because they are just such nice, sturdy birds and not easy to find.
I have three Mottled Java that are growing really nice and look like they will be nice and big.

he is really lovely!! congratulations!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom