Jaybyrd's Byrds' House

jaybyrdsfarm

Songster
Apr 25, 2021
Apex NC
So the coop ( made from salvaged materials) and the run (reinforced old dog run) are complete and the girls (and possibly one that may be a roo) are loving life! They are figuring out how to go to bed at night!

They have an old dog house with sand and dirt for dust baths. An old branch that they love to peck at. A chicken swing. A 2 x 4 in the corner if they want to roost. My plastic chair that they can hang out on. I've got a mini compost bucket that I can give them handfuls of to peck.

They get fresh veggies, or sod clods, or a scoop of composted horse manure to peck thru.

How does
20210601_111101.jpg
20210601_111101.jpg
20210531_111100.jpg
received_195025665829314.jpeg
it look to yall?

Attachments

• 20210601_110539.jpg
    20210601_110539.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210531_153849.jpg
    20210531_153849.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
That looks awesome! I love the dust bathing area and the branch. Beautiful birds, too! :love Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! The branch came complete with bugs and peeling bark that they love to peck at!

With the horrible hard clay ground I had to give them something to bathe in because they would have to scratch for hours to make a hole good enough for bathing! Every morning, one particular hen ( Priscilla Presley) runs and jumps in first thing and takes a good long bath before she does anything else.

And it kept a old dog house from hitting the landfill!

Thanks! The branch came complete with bugs and peeling bark that they love to peck at!

With the horrible hard clay ground I had to give them something to bathe in because they would have to scratch for hours to make a hole good enough for bathing! Every morning, one particular hen ( Priscilla Presley) runs and jumps in first thing and takes a good long bath before she does anything else.

And it kept a old dog house from hitting the landfill!
What a nice way to repurpose the dog house! Priscilla Presley is an adorable name. What breed is she?

I should give my chickens some sort of branch or log like yours--if only I can find one somewhere in my yard.🤔

What a nice way to repurpose the dog house! Priscilla Presley is an adorable name. What breed is she?

I should give my chickens some sort of branch or log like yours--if only I can find one somewhere in my yard.🤔
Priscilla is a gold laced wyandotte.

I found this log walking down by my creek! Drug it back up for them.

In addition to the log they have some bags of Cyprus mulch down that was on sale for 75 cents... and some pine bark nuggets that were also on sale. They love to throw the pine bark nuggets around and shred the Cyprus mulch!

Once they are bigger and better trained to come when I call they can go and peck around the yard.

I just want the girls ( and maybe the hidden roo ) to be hapy!

Back
Top Bottom