Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Quote:
Thanks! I saw a report once on the rare albino moose and thought it was just so fitting to have a white JG roo named after that!
lol.png

Quote:
I only have one, but she doesn't try anything new either. Other than her "chow" she will only eat bugs. Chopped fruit, veggies and breads are ignored. I take them out the same way I put them in, untouched. But give her crickets. waxworms or mealworms and wow! She's Chickensaurus rex!

Quote:
If you have Storey's Illustrated Guide to Poultry Breeds, there's a comparison picture on page 95. It's a JG hen next to a Rhode Island Red hen. The giant is twice the size. Sorry, I don't have a flatbed scanner to upload the picture for you.

Quote:
A few of my JG babies have spots like that, too. I figured they just feather in slow - and funny.

thanks, I wasn't sure. Didn't want to have a real issue going on and not ask somebody and let it get bad.

Did anyone see the jg club will be at crossroads!
I really want to go but never have been to a show that big or where it is held.
I have heard there is some not so nice places around there so can anyone tell me what hotels would be the best/ safest to stay at?
I need to get all the plains and stuff done if Im going to make it.
I will be going with a few empty cages in hopes of getting some sq jg's and may be some sq Javas if they are there. If hubby goes ( mean to say but I hope not) wyandotte's.
I also would love to meet any fellow byc jg breeders.
Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom