Jody, your eggs are freaking me out!!

Hi Julie! Yes I would love those hens if you're still rehoming them. I wasn't sure whether you were keeping them now you have a fancy house for them! Are weekends still best for you? Ours are hectic as usual, but I could come to Clovis during the week if that suits you.

The new puppy is doing great. She is very sweet, but the others weren't convinced at first. They love her now, and are great babysitters. We named her Miss Moneypenny, Penny for short. We started search and rescue training but she has puppy ADD at the moment.

I have 10 of Jody's Easter Eggers and 4 of her Buff Orpingtons in the incubator, and 2 of my Buff Orpingtons and one of my Bantam Sultans. It's getting so exciting, one of my BOs just started making a hole in its shell and several of them are wiggling all over the place. I don't hold out much hope for the Sultan, it was 2 weeks old by the time i put it in the incubator and I forgot to turn it before then. They stopped laying because they don't like their new house, so I haven't had any fresher ones to set.

Wake up!!! We need an update!!!

caf.gif

LOL picturing you running from the bator at the sound of peeping.
lau.gif

Good luck with the hatch Cara. Come on chickies!
jumpy.gif

Jody

Cara, I've been reading your post. Whats going on this morning? How many babies? Hatches are always exciting, but this one more so. You got eggs from back east and had them shipped west. I'm in central CO and getting eggs next spring from Speckledhen. Can you post pics of the new ones?

Last night I had one chipping its way out of the shell (the noisy one!), and when I woke up this morning it was out. Today is Day 20, so I shouldn't have any others until tomorrow, but it's hard to see who's wiggling because the chick keeps bowling everyone around. It's a Buff Orpington from one of my eggs, and I think I may have stored it a little too warm for the day before I set it, so it got a headstart. Jody's ones were much wigglier until I took the dividers out of the incubator last night. I was worried they wouldn't have room to hatch, and whipped them all out quickly, at which point I had an egg roller disco LOL The one that hatched last night was all over the place and I noticed it had already chipped off a small piece of its shell, so i'm glad I didn't leave it any longer.

The majority of the eggs came from PA to NM, and I was amazed they even survived the trip. It's incredible to think an egg can travel that far and still hatch (I hope!) LOL

The top of my incubator is really shiny, i'll try to take some pictures but I don't think they will come out. The poor thing looks like a drowned mouse, but it's full of energy.

I hope the hatch is going well this morning cant wait to see pics of the babies.

Glad to hear the new pup is working out - I bet she will do great in her training once she gets the hang of it. Love the name.

I am still looking to rehome the three girls ( still trying to make alittle room for some blue chicks ).
I have to say that saturday afternoons or sundays are best, but whatever is best let me know.
they are getting so big, they were looking pretty bad with the molt they were doing a few of them are still getting tail feathers back LOL

Glad you think the coop is fancy- I just finished painting it yesterday - RED hubby not to sure of the color but I love it !!!

Julie

The chick's little brother or sister is on its way out now!
big_smile.png
Jody's are wiggling all over the place, and will probably dwarf mine when they come out. I think they may be pterodactyls.

lmbo..I've been splicing emu genes into my chickens to create some monsters.
gig.gif

Jody

Have you ever had a problem with a slippery incubator floor? The chick that's hatched can't get its footing, and i'm trying to resist the urge to take it out but I dont want it to be spraddle legged.

Personally, I haven't, but my bator floor is wire so easy to grab on to. I would resist opening it for a little while and just keep an eye. If you think its going to cause problems, maybe sneak in and grab the chick out.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom