Jody, your eggs are freaking me out!!

So far, out of the 14 Jody sent we have 5 EEs and a BO. There are 2 more EEs waiting to hatch. We have 8 chicks hatched so far (2 from my BOs).

I have to stop hanging out on this board. I'm getting the itch to hatch my own chick's. DH won't be happy. How much is an incubator?
big_smile.png

Look up Miss Prissy's instructions for a DIY incubator. I just made one myself following her instructions from an old Rubbermaid cooler and about $20 worth of parts.

It's up and running and adjusted now, and we're just waiting for eggs to put in this week! Look in the 'hatching and incubating' folder from the index page and you'll find lots of ideas for make-it-yourself incubators.

woot.gif
Good job Cara! I am just amazed after that long trip how well it's turning out. That is awesome.
jumpy.gif
I hate to say it, but I hope they keep on hatching.
lau.gif
Oh, and I hope you get an Oreo baby boy too.
fl.gif

Jody

10 chicks and another on its way..and its not one of the wiggly eggs :|

11 chicks. 8 EEs and 3 BOs now. Should I leave the other 5 today, or try to open them, or throw them out?

The final tally is 11 chicks, 3 undeveloped/infertile eggs, and 3 chicks dead in the shell. One of the dead chicks had a nasty green slime around it, and the other two had not absorbed the yolk. The hatch rate is 78.5%.

Thats a great rate for shipped eggs.
big_smile.png
I had a couple of chicks with the green slime to. I think they were decomposing because they had died at 14-16 days. Enjoy those chickys

I'll just have to hatch some more BOs next time to keep these company
big_smile.png

I had a miracle chick. It hatched but couldn't get the shell off its butt, and I (stupidly) pulled it off. It was still attached to the membrane with the veins, and it bled more than I thought a chick could and wasn't moving. I set it aside to take it outside, and went to wash my hands, and when I went back in the room it caught my eye. It was breathing, so I put it back in the incubator, and when I got up this morning it was cheeping and walking around. It's eating and drinking now.

Back
Top Bottom