1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Juice cleanse

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mandelyn, Nov 13, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I hope that everyone has a cleansing day today. [​IMG]

2. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    We need to after the 2 dinners we had to go to yesterday! The first one was great at my grandma's... good home cooked natural food, and my dad even brought an eggplant casserole that was amazing (I don't know how he makes eggplant good, but he does it!) and an organic barley dish.

Then off to the inlaws for canned veggies, boxed potatoes, and flavorless turkey. Needless to say, I didn't eat much there.

My cookies went everywhere... and I still have a huge pile left. A lot are gone, a lot of compliments... but no one wanted to accept responsibility for the remainder. I tried to get my dad to take them to work with him but he didn't want them sitting on the counter in front of him all day. [​IMG] New Years cookies anyone? LOL There are 2 more parties coming up!

3. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Eggplant casserole? That sound delicious. [​IMG]

STEP AWAY FROM THOSE NEW YEAR'S COOKIES !! DON'T DO IT !!!!!! [​IMG]

4. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I read that the juice cleanse causes bad breath. Anyone experience that?

5. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I made the mistake of letting my pears set around too long (a little too soft) and finally decided to juice them. I juiced about 4 pears and it averaged about 4 tablespoons of juice. Don't let them get too soft. I had more pear "sauce" than anything. [​IMG] What a waste. Lesson learned.

6. megan182

megan182 New Egg

Nov 16, 2011
  7. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    How's everybody doing with this program? think I'm fixing to jump on this bandwagon, just read a really good article a couple days ago about a Cambridge diet -- which was mostly juices & soups from what I could tell-- that really benefited people with osteoarthritis in their knees -- which I have -- they lost an average of 26 pounds over 8 weeks --

I will be checking out the juicers in Wallyworld tomorrow - I don't think I'll go 100% juice, but for 2 meals a day at least & a little bit of rice or beans & veggies at supper -- my husband is still on crutches & can't do much for himself, so I'm still a full time cook & caretaker when I get home from work & right now he needs calories & max protein. It's a hard fence to straddle! trying to cook high calorie for him & low cal for me!

8. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Hey Terri. Glad that you found this thread. This is a VERY good thread. The juice cleanse is great. The Cambridge diet sounds yummy. I love soup. So many different kinds. [​IMG]

Terri, I bought a GE juicer from WalMart. It was only $49.00. Not sure if its the best but I think that it juices very good. It puts out a little foam at the top but I strained it with a mesh wire strainer. If you decide to try the juice cleanse, I wish you good luck. It works!!!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    My 2nd week on the juice cleanse. It was ok but could have been better. A few days, I wasn't prepared because I didn't have time to juice my veggies for lunch, so I had a few satsumas at work but I only chewed and swallowed the juice. I didn't eat the meaty part. I threw that away. I failed to get the necessary water intake in this past week. I may have drank 1 glass of water a day. Not good!

I weighed this morning and I only dropped 3 lbs. So it's a total of 11 lbs in 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any tips on how can I make water "fun" or tasty to drink? I tried adding a dash of lemon but I don't like the taste of lemon and water. I loved water before the juice cleanse. I drank about 10 glasses a day. I don't know what happened when I started the juice cleanse. I'm not interested in water at all. [​IMG]

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  10. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    By the way, grapes and fresh pineapples are my favorite fruit to juice. They are delicious! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by