July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Yay!!! An Ethel, I love it!!! My babies are 3 weeks and 2 weeks now. Older ones are in the coop brooder and the younger ones will be next week. I haven't gotten pics of them for about a week, but they are due for a photo shoot. Definitely have at least 2 boys, a wheaten and blue wheaten ameraucana...might be a 3rd splash wheaten boy, but it's hard to tell. The rest, I have no idea. The Silvers, which I thought would be easier to tell by now are still a toss up, but I think I might have a boy and a girl, which would be cool. A couple of the Marans from my 2nd hatch are getting pretty large combs, but no obvious boys there yet. They're all really good babies though, no real troublemakers...yet, lol. I love them 💗
I sure hope she's not a roo, and I hope you get what you want, although a few extra roos can't really hurt, can they? I could just get more hens...
Forgot ages. Mine are about three weeks old (4 for the guineas) and I have some 8 weekers in the pen. I was supposed to get three copper marans, but I think I got one copper and two birchens, which is fine. I like all chickens. Although our first hatcher is starting grate on my nerves, along with being the only unnamed chick.

Yay!!! An Ethel, I love it!!! My babies are 3 weeks and 2 weeks now. Older ones are in the coop brooder and the younger ones will be next week. I haven't gotten pics of them for about a week, but they are due for a photo shoot. Definitely have at least 2 boys, a wheaten and blue wheaten ameraucana...might be a 3rd splash wheaten boy, but it's hard to tell. The rest, I have no idea. The Silvers, which I thought would be easier to tell by now are still a toss up, but I think I might have a boy and a girl, which would be cool. A couple of the Marans from my 2nd hatch are getting pretty large combs, but no obvious boys there yet. They're all really good babies though, no real troublemakers...yet, lol. I love them 💗
WOW mine are 2.5 weeks and still have no clue. My Cochin roo I could tell at about 3.5-4 weeks so hopefully I can with these guys.

WOW mine are 2.5 weeks and still have no clue. My Cochin roo I could tell at about 3.5-4 weeks so hopefully I can with these guys.
Yeah, that's what I like about the wheatens. I could tell at 2 weeks that the blue and wheaten boys were boys. The splash is just too similar to the girls' coloring though, but it is really starting to look like it's a boy...there's just too much patchy white on his wings. But the wheatens are great. I wish the silvers were as easy to sex as I thought they were gonna be. I think I'll know within the next 3-ish weeks with them though. Not too much longer.

@Gammas Bearded Babies
Your little silkies are so adorable!

Here's pics of my hatch. I think all of my faves are roosters. I didn't get blue laced red W-dottes like I was supposed to, my Legbar is a roo, and I can't even tell what chicks are what, even with pictures. Who knows what I got, other than a definite legbar, isbar, copper maran, and deathlayer. I love everyone very much, but I was really hoping for W-dottes.
View attachment 3218073
Aerial view of them all.
View attachment 3218074
Saw that one of you, I think @FreedomFarm13 , was debating on the name Ethel? Well, I loved that. One in the middle is Ethel, who I think is a roo, and I have no idea what he/she is breedwise. One on the left is a barred rock rooster (where did that come from!?).
View attachment 3218076
Thor the cream legbar, and Peanut the guinea.
View attachment 3218077
Twixy the guinea, the yellow (Victoria) is a mutt, Marvin the Copper Maran, I don't know what the fluffy black one (Oney) is, and our first hatcher. Marvin and the first hatcher I think are roos.

(Not Pictured)
Loki - Golden deathlayer
Lottie - Mutt or Swedish flower, maybe
Lola - NOT a W-dotte
Maybe more?

@Tretinker
They are too cute!

I'm sorry you didn't get you BLRW, it's a breed I would love to have.

The deathlayer is still the collect chicken name and I love you've named one Loki, that's too perfect!

They are too cute!

I'm sorry you didn't get you BLRW, it's a breed I would love to have.

The deathlayer is still the collect chicken name and I love you've named one Loki, that's too perfect!
Haha, thanks! Loki is very sweet, and I think she's a hen.

@FreedomFarm13 , my marans have huge combs too! Is that just normal?

I’m loving all the updates on HAL chicks! They all look adorable.

No news here. I think I identified another Hoover’s chick as their Midnight Majesty Marans. Sexlinked so definitely a little pullet. She should lay terracotta colored eggs +/- speckles. Nice addition to any egg basket.

Here are a couple pics of a July HAL Legbar pullet. She is moderately difficult to catch but the calmest sweetest chick one she’s nabbed. 330903A0-34F3-4737-A40F-6C2182350E96.jpeg 19746831-CDB6-4F1E-AAB9-00428A0A4AC9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom