July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Of my July clutch of 7, all raised to independence by a young broody (Paprika), I lucked out with 5 pullets and 2 cockerels, but only one of the pullets is laying as yet...a couple of others are reddening up at last, so I'm hoping for more soon.
oh gives me hope on my July babies!!!!!!! I have 3 of mine that I kept.

Here's an updated pic of the lil hormonal turd Coco! Bantam Cochin Calico boy.
Wishing my older girls and oldest boy would teach him some manners cause he's really into pulling feathers just for the heck of it on the girls backs and neck but not mating em.

Edited to reflect i would separate his booty from the rest IF we werent in blizzard like conditions the past few days.
Ugh

Attachments

• 20221121_093154.jpg
    20221121_093154.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Here's an updated pic of the lil hormonal turd Coco! Bantam Cochin Calico boy.
Wishing my older girls and oldest boy would teach him some manners cause he's really into pulling feathers just for the heck of it on the girls backs and neck but now mating em.
Ugh
He is beautiful! But maybe none of the chickens like him so they cant teach him anything.🤣🤣

It's lovely to see activity in this group again and to hear everyone's updates. I had given up hope of any eggs before spring until I saw some of you were starting to get some. Then I couldn't believe it today, I got my first three!
DSCF9630.JPG

I have 5 Australorp pullets and one Light Sussex pullet from June as well as 9 La Bresse pullets from July. I suspect these are from Australorps but I can't be sure. All 3 eggs look different and they're all paler than they look in the photo. Quite a lot of the pullets from all of the breeds have turned very red in the comb recently so hopefully these are the first of many more.

We've been without eggs for a couple of months now because my only other hens are elderly and have totally stopped for the winter so we couldn't be more excited about these!

It's lovely to see activity in this group again and to hear everyone's updates. I had given up hope of any eggs before spring until I saw some of you were starting to get some. Then I couldn't believe it today, I got my first three!
View attachment 3359040
I have 5 Australorp pullets and one Light Sussex pullet from June as well as 9 La Bresse pullets from July. I suspect these are from Australorps but I can't be sure. All 3 eggs look different and they're all paler than they look in the photo. Quite a lot of the pullets from all of the breeds have turned very red in the comb recently so hopefully these are the first of many more.

We've been without eggs for a couple of months now because my only other hens are elderly and have totally stopped for the winter so we couldn't be more excited about these!
That is super exciting! Congratulations!!!

View attachment 3359040

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom