July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
@casportpony @KsKingBee this is my official S.O.S. call.

I have some peafowl eggs en route to incubate. I have now suddenly worked myself up into a minor panic after reading everything I could find about peafowl egg incubation. LOL

I want to make sure I do everything I can for a successful incubation. (Especially since they are going to have the added gamble from being shipped.)

I see the 2 of you as peafowl pros...:bow so if you have *any* advice or tips, I would really appreciate it. Eggs should arrive Friday. I read across several platforms that 45% humidity throughout incubation is generally the best... and to incubate the eggs at a 45° angle (???)

My incubator is the Nurture Right 360 and I have the peafowl egg turner tray to go into it. I keep 2 separate hydrometer/thermometers to monitor temp and humidity.

@casportpony @KsKingBee this is my official S.O.S. call.

I have some peafowl eggs en route to incubate. I have now suddenly worked myself up into a minor panic after reading everything I could find about peafowl egg incubation. LOL

I want to make sure I do everything I can for a successful incubation. (Especially since they are going to have the added gamble from being shipped.)

I see the 2 of you as peafowl pros...:bow so if you have *any* advice or tips, I would really appreciate it. Eggs should arrive Friday. I read across several platforms that 45% humidity throughout incubation is generally the best... and to incubate the eggs at a 45° angle (???)

My incubator is the Nurture Right 360 and I have the peafowl egg turner tray to go into it. I keep 2 separate hydrometer/thermometers to monitor temp and humidity.
You got this.

Maybe ask for help/tips in the NR360 thread also! There may be some folks who have done peafowl eggs in that incubator and can tell you what worked/didn’t. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom