July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Mine hatch the 5th! This is what I’m down to.
7 Legbars
6 Silverudd’s
5 Welsummer
1 backcross Olive egger.
The Legbar and Silverudd’s have 100% developed. :love1 Welsummer was an early quitter. 5/6 olive eggers didn’t develop or early quit.That’s ok though. It’ll give me something to hatch for next year.;) Along with Leghorns and bantams.

At day 10 they’re already too dark to photograph. In person I can see some movement and veining.
View attachment 3161525

I'm unreasonably excited about your Silverudds. My eggs arrive late this month. 🤞

They’re wonderful birds! What are you eggs going to be? You’ve probably mentioned it already.

Oh, Silverudd's of course! I ordered from Alchemist in CA. They're supposed to ship the 19th. When I saw you were hatching some... Woooo!

Five chicks of different breeds are due the same week. We currently have five that are 8 weeks old. Chicken math is real! 🙄

Oh, Silverudd's of course! I ordered from Alchemist in CA. They're supposed to ship the 19th. When I saw you were hatching some... Woooo!

Five chicks of different breeds are due the same week. We currently have five that are 8 weeks old. Chicken math is real! 🙄
That’s what I figured but I didn’t want to make assumptions. 😂

I bet your eggs will be gorgeous! Can’t wait to see what hatches.

Here is a blue from a couple years ago. So cute! I love the variety BBS provides.

A2260E72-C70F-4072-B414-5607F3E61BEB.jpeg

Awww, I love BBS babies! As they're coming out and you're trying to figure out what color you got...I love it! It's so much fun.
Everyone please give me strength to make it thru today. Yesterday was the longest day ever waiting for my eggs, and I have a feeling today is gonna be just as bad, if not worse. Distract me with candling/chick pics? I'd be ever so grateful. And don't worry, I will share mine as soon as I've got them! I plan to let you guys see them as soon as they arrive, lol!

Awww, I love BBS babies! As they're coming out and you're trying to figure out what color you got...I love it! It's so much fun.
Everyone please give me strength to make it thru today. Yesterday was the longest day ever waiting for my eggs, and I have a feeling today is gonna be just as bad, if not worse. Distract me with candling/chick pics? I'd be ever so grateful. And don't worry, I will share mine as soon as I've got them! I plan to let you guys see them as soon as they arrive, lol!
I'm in between candling days or I would share.
Here's ya something to make ya laugh though...my 7 wk old d'uccles all girls!!!

Hope this day passes quickly for you! Here is a little distraction, day 10 candling photo just now. I love this stage when it looks like the little eye is looking back at you!
All 14 eggs are looking good!😊
F52B37AE-1D47-405F-B736-9DDD3420DE07.jpeg

Hope this day passes quickly for you! Here is a little distraction, day 10 candling photo just now. I love this stage when it looks like the little eye is looking back at you!
All 14 eggs are looking good!😊View attachment 3163791
Wow! Beautiful textbook veining! Looks like you've got some strong healthy babies in there! Thanks for the wonderful distraction. There's nothing better than candling, is there? Gotta love the little babies kicking around in there...and the big eyeballs staring back at you, lol. Love it!

Ok, totally off topic, but I'm trying to distract myself....I have 4 kittens that are about 3.5 months old, and my favorite (Corporal Nobbs- a girl, named after a Terry Pratchett character by DH) just recently had a dislocated leg. We think she fell from the tree in the front yard because they've been climbing it and exploring up there a lot. Anyway, her leg was at an almost 90* angle the first day it happened. I was so worried she'd never be able to walk right. Fast forward to today (about a week later) and she's getting around just fine! Didn't even have a chance to take her to the vet before she started to improve greatly. Kittens and chicks are so resilient! Here's a pic of my little trooper! This is before the injury:
20220607_154651.jpg

And here she is this morning. Her leg (back right) is still a little bent looking, but she moves around normally now.
20220626_090754.jpg
Sorry it's not chicken related...I just love her so much and I'm so glad she's doing better. Thought you all would want to meet her too! ❤

Back
Top Bottom