Pics
Final numbers for 25 shipped eggs.

Hatched:
7 Legbars
2 Olive eggers
3 Silverudd’s
1 Welsummer
Total of 13 chicks!

Overall a nice hatch that I’m pleased with. I’m bummed about the Welsummers. 5 made it to lockdown. Eggtopsy revealed they just didn’t loose enough moisture. I wish now I’d have run dry a few more days but there’s always something to learn.

I have one Silverudd’s still in the incubator. It hatched by itself early on day 21 without fully absorbing its yolk. By the time I put it in a cup 30 minutes had elapsed and there was a significant amount of blood around the incubator. It’s a strong chick but I’m unclear if it is yolk or an intestinal loop that’s still outside the body. I’m dipping it’s beak a couple of times a day in an electrolyte mixture (Sav-A-Chick and Nutridrench for Poultry). I should know more in a couple of days if it’ll make it. If it starts to looks worse each day, rather that better, I’ll have to cull. You can tell from the pictures it’s very unimpressed with being left behind in the incubator.

View attachment 3176159View attachment 3176160View attachment 3176166View attachment 3176167
Awe goodness! Hoping this lil one pulls through!
Not a bad hatch for shipped eggs. I'm sorry bout the Wellsumers! Isn't it weird how the ones we really want give us the hardest time!

Pulled 5 clears and no sign of development at all. I cracked one yolk accidentally, but none appear to have the bulls eye. Not sure if these were older eggs I set aside 😬 Could be up to 12 days old, though that doesn’t seem unduly old. I was pretty certain I moved on to the newer batch I collected that morning only, but might have grabbed a very specific colours. The new eggs would have been from a 12 day break from roo contact. 3 EE, 3 BCM (one is iffy), and I thinkkkkk a Sapphire Splash with excellent speckling left

Update day 4 of shipped peafowl... I saw babies in 4 eggs for sure. Here's a little heartbeat!!
20220706_233443_1.gif

Update day 4 of shipped peafowl... I saw babies in 4 eggs for sure. Here's a little heartbeat!!
View attachment 3176716
Eggciting!!! So happy they r looking good!

@Poodlemum I'm sorry you've had more clears! I'm up too...not cuz more chicks have hatched but back pain! Hope you got to go back to sleep!

@LadiesAndJane congrats on more babies!!! When did you decide to candle the remaining to find them DIS?
I figured it was probably ok to candle the one that I had as questionable going into hatch and it was DIS....but the others looked fine going into hatch so hesitant to check em for fear of messing up their lil process in case they are just little slower than others.

The ONE color BUFF I've been wanting forever of course has not even pipped. I was only sent 2 buff eggs cuz they went broody on her...
Then I have 1 malpositioned external pip I'm watching...the other one hatched!
So I'm up to 6 out of 14 now...with 1 zipping as we speak. Not my best hatch but hopefully not done yet.
Last night, July 6th, was day 21.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom