July Hatch-a-Long (including 4th of July hatch-a-long)

How many times per year do you hatch eggs?

• 1-2

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • 2-3

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I don’t count the times

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Hatchaholic

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Pics
Turns out my dad lied about giving her all 4 eggs yesterday and only gave her two 😤

But oh well. Doesn’t really matter. Now she actually has 4 lol

I thought none of the girls laid today because they were scared of her or something :lau

Cause there were no eggs.

But turns out two more were laid and she has taken them. :lau

So she now actually has 4. He gave her a white one and a brown one yesterday and now she has another white one and a green one too. I’ll probably let her keep another egg or two if they lay any more so she has about 6 and then start taking them haha suppose I should mark them so I know which is which 😂🤣🙈

I'm going to jump in to the July hatch along now that I reached lockdown and can hear chirps from the eggs in the incubator. I started a thread in hatch along but got moved to stories about my chickens forum. On day 4 my temp spiked and I feared the worst but an hour ago I checked the temp in the bator and could hear the chicks peeping from inside the eggs. Hatch day is tomorrow so I will share how many actually bust out. Just knowing I didn't kill them all back on day 4 is encouraging . Must be a good batch of eggs . Wish I had more than just 12 .

Are they standard size? My blue satins are split... Some in the batch were mostly black and a few were blue. Amazing how similar they look in many ways.
View attachment 2220215

I bet sapphire gem to lavender orpington will turn out super cute!

They do look very similar! I have been talking to the ebay seller about them as I had told them that I would get back in touch with them after I could tell gender to see if the auto sexing trait of the Sapphire Gem would follow through after crossing with a Lavender Orpington. The seller thought it was more strange that I ended up with 3 solid black chicks out of that cross than my odd ball chick not matching the others - They apparently have not hatched out any black chicks from the Sapphire Gem cross. The seller flat out told me that my odd ball chick is a Sapphire Gem hen....but Sapphire Gem chickens don't have crests. They also informed me that they do have Sapphire Olive Eggers in a pen far away from the Sapphire Gems....these have crests, but lay green eggs....this one hatched out of a brown egg. So it has me all confused. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom