July Hatch-a-Long (including 4th of July hatch-a-long)

How many times per year do you hatch eggs?

• 1-2

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • 2-3

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I don’t count the times

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Hatchaholic

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
We do this for beans and cantaloupe... Wish I'd done the pumpkins that way as they're out of control. Lol
My tomato plants are out of control right now. I think each plant has about 30-50 tomatoes. It is insane. I am going to donate some to the local food pantry plus give some to friends. There is no way we are going to eat all of them.

My peppers are starting to get out of control too, but I am hoping they survive. My yellow peppers do not look so good. I am not sure why. I did add bunny fertilizer so hopefully that will help some.

The bunny fertilizer is the main reason why our tomatoes are doing so good.

When I get 5+ acres I am going to do the entire lawn as gardens. No more grass for me. Why not have something that actually feeds the family, we cannot live off eating grass. I want lots of fruit trees.
That’s amazing!! :love

I feel like I would still have a years just because I want lots of dogs and chickens and they need a yard to run and play in but I would probably have an entire huge area devoted to the gardens. Or maybe just a little area for the animals lol

That’s amazing!! :love

I feel like I would still have a years just because I want lots of dogs and chickens and they need a yard to run and play in but I would probably have an entire huge area devoted to the gardens. Or maybe just a little area for the animals lol
I’m just going to have grass areas for the dogs, birds, and bunnies.

Alright, my silkie hen Skye went broody again! This will be her second time hatching chicks. Her previous clutch was 3 (one more got mixed in in the middle, so I'm not counting that one), and two hatched. Now she has 10!

She went broody on the 5th. She has 10 eggs as of today. She might have let the other hens give her more eggs on the 6th or this morning (the 7th). I marked her current ten so she can't sneak anymore. Her hatch day should be the 26th!

The eggs should be from my silkie hens. I am hoping I have pure silkies but some eggs might have been fertilized by my Spangled OEGB. The silkie rooster is Blue and the hens are Buff and Blue. Can't wait to see what I get!

:celebrate:drool

My tomato plants are out of control right now. I think each plant has about 30-50 tomatoes. It is insane. I am going to donate some to the local food pantry plus give some to friends. There is no way we are going to eat all of them.

My peppers are starting to get out of control too, but I am hoping they survive. My yellow peppers do not look so good. I am not sure why. I did add bunny fertilizer so hopefully that will help some.

The bunny fertilizer is the main reason why our tomatoes are doing so good.

What's a bunny fertilizer? We did horrible with tomatoes. This year is our first real year gardening. As in we took time to pull weeds and till and all the works that takes in keeping a garden.

Alright, my silkie hen Skye went broody again! This will be her second time hatching chicks. Her previous clutch was 3 (one more got mixed in in the middle, so I'm not counting that one), and two hatched. Now she has 10!

She went broody on the 5th. She has 10 eggs as of today. She might have let the other hens give her more eggs on the 6th or this morning (the 7th). I marked her current ten so she can't sneak anymore. Her hatch day should be the 26th!

The eggs should be from my silkie hens. I am hoping I have pure silkies but some eggs might have been fertilized by my Spangled OEGB. The silkie rooster is Blue and the hens are Buff and Blue. Can't wait to see what I get!

:celebrate:drool

Do people like silkies because they're cute or are they good layers or something?

How many chicks can a hen handle? I want a broody one day with max capacity haha

Back
Top Bottom