I probably could and thought of that but think my family wants the counter back..... LOL Trying to think of a safe place I can put it that it doesn't take up any room. I might be able to find somewhere in my bedroom.... Ditzy was really great with her eggs though and I was less stressed with her doing it than worrying I was messing something up with temp and humidity. hmm need to think about this for the nest 24 hrs. haahaa
I cleared off a shelf that we keep large serving bowls in. Stuck them in a box in the basement. High enough the dogs can’t reach but low enough I can. Otherwise I would have to incubate in the garage, and I didn’t want the temp fluctuations or inability to walk by 100 times a day to check. 😂

I cleared off a shelf that we keep large serving bowls in. Stuck them in a box in the basement. High enough the dogs can’t reach but low enough I can. Otherwise I would have to incubate in the garage, and I didn’t want the temp fluctuations or inability to walk by 100 times a day to check. 😂
LOL We have barley any shelf or counter space that isn't occupied. I stole counter space last time but with all the hatches then final one it was taken up for like 6 weeks!!!! LOL and the incubator was still there. was going to put it away this weekend finally. When I told my daughter I got more eggs she sighed and said she THOUGHT we were finally getting the counter back. LOL I have a small counter as is then between my eggs, air fryer, coffee pot there is barely anything then add in the incubator and I am lucky there is any room left. haahaa

My dog can reach every spot in my living room. cats jump up on spots in basement and knock anything off there. so that leaves my room.....

Got my eggs! She sent 20. None cracked or broken. They do seem porous so we will see. And a few look to have detached air cells.

I have 3 or 4 that are round so I can't tell what is the fat side to have up to rest?!?!?
Yay for 20!

Boo for porous (a few of mine were too…harder to see but I waited til last night and checked again, much easier to see in the dark!) My last hatch was at school so I never got a chance to candle at dark. What a difference!

aren't all eggs porous? If they weren't the chick would suffocate.
Yes but some are soooo porous it’s hard to see in with all the dots.

Ex: both brown eggs:
1653674154290.jpeg

1653674185740.jpeg

The one on the bottom will be much easier to see in

aren't all eggs porous? If they weren't the chick would suffocate.
Yes, you're totally right! In this case I meant eggs that are more porous than "normal" and have a distinct splotchy look when candling. From what I've read, they tend to have a poor hatch rate, either due to too much moisture loss or being more susceptible to bacteria, so it's better avoid setting them if you can.

Back
Top Bottom