June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Not sure, but I think I remember reading three weeks separation?
I thought I heard 3 as well but then thought some said a month so wasn't really sure. I need to hopefully get the ones that just hatched into and out of the outside brooder before I add more. So maybe in a couple weeks or so then 3 weeks to hatch so the new ones will be 5 weeks by then and hopefully new coop will be done.

Have 12 in this incubator that i placed in lockdown tonight! 10 are from shipped eggs and 2 are from my own so I could compare development as I def knew mine were good! 5 of them started moving around d as soon. As I started lockdown phew.. I didn't expect that lol so excited!:celebrate
20230602_214923.jpg

This one is eggs from a friend's flock. He has some nice ones I hope to also hatch out.. still barnyard mix tho but looking forward to see what I hatch out for him! They are due next sunday!

Attachments

• 20230602_214913.jpg
    20230602_214913.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 2
I'm having my late night anxieties again of Cruella dying. So I'm just going to say this because the chicken gods are definitely reading throught the biggest chicken forum. If I lose this pullet from dehydration and starvation while being broody we're going to have some serious problems with the chicken gods

Last edited:
I'm concerned about my broody and setting RIR pullet. She was off the nest for almost an hour late this evening. I thought that she had abandoned but when I went back to close up the coops she was back on her nest.

I've heard broodies taking one hour to get back to the nest. Maybe keep a loose eye on her

Well, just went down to the coops, she's out of the nest and clucking away, so that's good. I definitely haven't been diligent about gathering Ursula's eggs under her, she has 4! Now I'm tempted to leave them... :oops:
That's how I ended up with my 4 baby ducklings a couple of weeks ago. I swore no more ducklings but then I thought about it and thought, Oh What The Heck! Luckily she only hatched out the 4. Now to find homes for the boys as at least one is whistling which means it is a boy for sure. Good luck with your decision.

Back
Top Bottom