June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Some eggs pipped this morning and now the power's gone out from a freak storm😫
Keep the incubator covered with blankets. Hopefully the power isn't out too long. If it is, do you have any way to get hot water? You can either fill a hot water bottle, or make something similar with towels inside a plastic bag.

Keep the incubator covered with blankets. Hopefully the power isn't out too long. If it is, do you have any way to get hot water? You can either fill a hot water bottle, or make something similar with towels inside a plastic bag.
Thank you so much! I was panicking and couldn't think straight for what to do haha. Covered with towels and blankets except for the ventilation port and was able to warm up some water to add to the reservoir. Power is back now and looks like the incubator temps didn't drop below 80°F, so I hope 2½ hours of that won't have hurt them.

Thank you so much! I was panicking and couldn't think straight for what to do haha. Covered with towels and blankets except for the ventilation port and was able to warm up some water to add to the reservoir. Power is back now and looks like the incubator temps didn't drop below 80°F, so I hope 2½ hours of that won't have hurt them.
That should be fine. Can't wait to see pics of babies!

My eggs went into lockdown just now! A couple are rocking already! How soon do they typically hatch after rocking in your experience?
Rocking is the chick getting into position. This doesn't mean they are going to hatch immediately. Keep an eye on them for pips. or even candle to check for internal pips. Opening the incubator for a few moments is not going to hurt anything.

Rocking is the chick getting into position. This doesn't mean they are going to hatch immediately. Keep an eye on them for pips. or even candle to check for internal pips. Opening the incubator for a few moments is not going to hurt anything.
Okay, thank you! I hardly ever catch them rocking so was curious! I opened the bator to take out the turner and adjust the humidity but now they are locked in until hatch day :)

Back
Top Bottom